Leaked: Full review of the Sony A7 IV goes live prematurely

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
As happens all of the time, a review for an upcoming product has leaked out ahead of tomorrow’s official announcement of the Sony A7 IV.
Check out the review above.
Update: It looks like takedown orders from Tony & Chelsea are hitting YouTube and Vimeo, so I won’t be scouring for another one. I’m sure it’s an annoying bit of work for them. The camera will be announced tomorrow, so there will be many reviews of the A7 IV to watch then.
Update 2: The official review from Tony and Chelsea is now live above.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Looks great but I don't think the Sony A7 IV will achieve the same legendary status in the camera community that made Canon and Nikon nervous as the Sony A7 III did. Mainly because of the increased price.
A good option for Sony a7iii users wishing to upgrade to better AF, better menus and a moderate increase in resolution, but it’s not likely to tempt anyone away from Canon.

Nice try Sony, but a bit of an “also ran”.

Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
They are so clingy to watch. I don't believe for a second that this was an "accident" that the Northrups leaked this...but they're not getting any clicks on a Vimeo video, so perhaps it was just a monumental mistake to have the video go live early.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Tony Northrup - eww. :) Among other things, he's the one who declared "The TRUTH about the Canon EOS R3", even though Canon never sent him that camera.
And declared it didn't have GPS (it does) and questioned whether it would achieve 30fps in "real shooting" - which others with the R3 did indeed achieve.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I'll be curious to see how the camera does, but I feel like Sony's penchant to keep producing older bodies may steal some thunder here. If this retails for $2500, I wonder how many people would instead opt for an a7RIII at $2800? Certainly not everyone would, but I would think a number would be ok moving up to that depending on the final specs.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
It is hard to believe that video was recorded in 2021. It looks like a broadcast video from the 90s. Pretty bad quality overall. Also, the camera seems crappy compared to R6.
Almost nobody with an R6 would be on the market for it.
It will be enough to keep Sony users onboard and will attract some people who did not find the R6 appealing

Upvote 0