Looking like the '90D' will be a good one.

I know, I know too early but with what Canon's supposedly going to be trickling down to the 800D and 77D with DPAF for both plus 45-point AF for the latter, the future "90D" could be a really good one.

A new sensor of course. 28 MP or perhaps more? A jump ahead in sensor tech like from the 5D3 to the 5D4?

Guessing Canon will at least go 8 fps, to improve an extra fps on the 80D and create some separation from the 6 fps of the 77D and 800D. A small upgrade from the current 7 fps but that brings it to the burst rate of the sporty original 7D.

Next up if Canon's handing down the 80D's 45-point AF to the 77D is giving the "90D" the 7D2's 65-point AF! Guessing the "7D3" would get an AF system closer to the AF point count of Nikon's 153-point, 99-cross-type in its D500. The 65-point AF for the "90D" would also probably require giving it, finally, an AF thumbstick.

Also time to give the 80D successor dual SD slots.

OK, there'll that 4K stuff too.

Likely at least a year out from now but the "90D" is already looking good just basing on the features recently rumored that the lower-tier 800D and 77D are getting.

benkam said:
I know, I know too early but with what Canon's supposedly going to be trickling down to the 800D and 77D with DPAF for both plus 45-point AF for the latter, the future "90D" could be a really good one.

A new sensor of course. 28 MP or perhaps more? A jump ahead in sensor tech like from the 5D3 to the 5D4?

Guessing Canon will at least go 8 fps, to improve an extra fps on the 80D and create some separation from the 6 fps of the 77D and 800D. A small upgrade from the current 7 fps but that brings it to the burst rate of the sporty original 7D.

Next up if Canon's handing down the 80D's 45-point AF to the 77D is giving the "90D" the 7D2's 65-point AF! Guessing the "7D3" would get an AF system closer to the AF point count of Nikon's 153-point, 99-cross-type in its D500. The 65-point AF for the "90D" would also probably require giving it, finally, an AF thumbstick.

Also time to give the 80D successor dual SD slots.

OK, there'll that 4K stuff too.

Likely at least a year out from now but the "90D" is already looking good just basing on the features recently rumored that the lower-tier 800D and 77D are getting.

It's a rumor site, so I think wild speculation is welcome! (Wild speculation that is presented as fact because it represents the wants of the one writing are a bit less well received, however.).

I think the 80D was already the jump ahead in sensor tech, from the 70D, that we saw in the 5D IV. I don't expect anything revolutionary in the next generation.

I think it's unfortunate the 7D II didn't get the latest tech, but maybe it means we'll get a refresh sooner than later.

Upvote 0