Massive Discounts on Refurbished Gear from Canon USA

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon USA has massive discounts on refurbished Canon EOS R gear, including cameras and lenses. These are the best prices that we have ever seen on refurbished gear. All refurbished gear from Canon USA comes with a full 1-year warranty. Canon EOS R Cameras Canon RF Lenses

See full article...

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Meanwhile, Canon Europe are sound asleep...

Ya, these refurbished deals are insane. It's a bummer more countries don't get an opportunity to stock and sell this stuff.

There are some bigger than usual discounts in Europe on a few things, but nowhere close to this.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Ya, these refurbished deals are insane. It's a bummer more countries don't get an opportunity to stock and sell this stuff.

There are some bigger than usual discounts in Europe on a few things, but nowhere close to this.
Right, some interesting discounts on LP 6 batteries, Peak Design clips...and (!!!) Leica SLs
Reduced prices on Canon bodies and lenses, but nothing comparable to what's happening in the USA and Canada.
Even European Mountain bike manufaturers offer far more substancial savings to North American customers than to us "poor" Europeans. But I must say that "Black Friday" was no European custom...
Refurbished Canon gear? Doesn't exist here, sadly.
Thank God, there are a few reliable British grey import companies selling at nice prices on the continent too!

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Stupid Canon, making me eat my own words. I’ve stated several times that I’m keeping the EF 100/2.8L Macro instead of getting the RF version, in large part due to the focus shift ‘feature’ of the latter. However, this price was a little too tempting.

I’ll try it out, and if I can live with it I’ll keep the RF and sell the EF version. Else, I’ll return the RF version.

I also bought a refurb PowerShot Zoom monocular. For $100, looks like a fun little toy.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I've been trying forever to make a payment on Canon USA's website.

I called my card issuer and PayPal, and both of them confirmed that everything was good on their end. The PayPal agent confirmed that it's Canon USA that is cancelling my order.

Neither does directly entering my credit card information work (I already called my card issuer to double check).

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I cannot reach Canon support at (800) 385-2155 and the waiting music plays until Canon just hangs up the call.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I called my card issuer and PayPal, and both of them confirmed that everything was good on their end. The PayPal agent confirmed that it's Canon USA that is cancelling my order.

Neither does directly entering my credit card information work (I already called my card issuer to double check).

I cannot reach Canon support at (800) 385-2155 and the waiting music plays until Canon just hangs up the call.
Are you ordering from outside of the USA? I once tried it from outside the US and apparently that is blocked by Canon

Upvote 0

I had this problem last year but I think I flagged myself somehow by placing multiple orders. If you see a payment error though don’t keep retrying, they put authorization holds for the full amount on your card. I was trying to buy the 400 f/2.8 and ended up with three $13,000 auth charges on my card, nearly had a heart attack lol

Upvote 0
May 4, 2011
Stupid Canon, making me eat my own words. I’ve stated several times that I’m keeping the EF 100/2.8L Macro instead of getting the RF version, in large part due to the focus shift ‘feature’ of the latter. However, this price was a little too tempting.
In my case it's the 15-35...the EF 16-35 2.8 has worked great and continues to do so, works with the 5DS and I was just going to make do with it whenever I needed WA - but the price has really come down on the RF version and I've never seen it this low. I'm definitely still keeping the EF version for DSLR use, but as I hate the clunkiness of adapters, this was just a little too good to pass up...

I actually thought about the 28-70 but of course that was gone before I could work that out. Probably for the better TBH...as tempting as it was, I just couldn't quite justify it especially not owning a stabilized RF body.

Upvote 0
I had this problem last year but I think I flagged myself somehow by placing multiple orders.
I called Canon, and the agent put me through to her supervisor since she didn't know what was going on either.

The supervisor then asked their accounting team and told me that their system cancelled the order because I wasn't paying with a card issued by a US-based bank. This was weird, as I had the same issue with Apple before, but I solved that by paying through PayPal (still charging the same non-US credit card). But apparently even with PayPal, Canon still blocks the payment.

So I asked my friend to place an order for me using a US credit card, and the order went through.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0