Massive Discounts on Refurbished Gear from Canon USA

That’s a sweet price. As is $1400 for the EF 11-24/4L.
These prices are less than heavily used S/H prices.

If only we had access to these prices here in the UK. Here in the UK, everything is sold at max RRP with no discounts. The rather over inflated UK price (comparitively to the US) includes 20% VAT and a bizarre $1 = £1 exchange rate. This black friday deal offers a RF 20-70/2.8 for $1699. Here in the UK, most vendors are selling for £2999. That's nearly double. There's a few cash back offers about. It's an eye opener as to how over inflated the UK / Euro continent is compared to the USA. It's why I tend to buy from the Japanese grey market. At least I can shave off 30% from the rediculous UK retail pricing.

I would snap up an R5 and a RF 100-500 LIS in a heart beat with the US black friday deal if it was available to the UK customers.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
These prices are less than heavily used S/H prices.

If only we had access to these prices here in the UK. Here in the UK, everything is sold at max RRP with no discounts. The rather over inflated UK price (comparitively to the US) includes 20% VAT and a bizarre $1 = £1 exchange rate. This black friday deal offers a RF 20-70/2.8 for $1699. Here in the UK, most vendors are selling for £2999. That's nearly double. There's a few cash back offers about. […].
This is why I bought a 24-105L today (here in .nl) and not the 24-70L, the price difference between the two was just too big for my liking. Especially after seeing the US pricing!

I wish I knew when my next work US trip is, it’s worth buying there and then properly paying import duty at home.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Canon canceled my order yet again.

Oh well. I suppose I'm just not destined for a refurbished EOS R3 at $3999 and an extra 12% cash back.

Canon USA says:
The Canon Online Store ships merchandise to street addresses within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia only. The Canon Online Store only accepts billing and shipping addresses in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.

Sounds like you’re trying to get around that and Canon USA knows it.

It’s unfortunate that these deals aren’t available elsewhere.

Upvote 0
Sounds like you’re trying to get around that and Canon USA knows it.

It’s unfortunate that these deals aren’t available elsewhere.

I'm physically in the US, shipping to a US address, and paid with a US credit card billed to a US address.

Their customer support offered to place another order over the phone and they can bypass the system and approve it manually, but Rakuten's cash back offer has ended already (let alone there's no cash back for placing an order over the phone).

:(

• Angry
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I'm physically in the US, shipping to a US address, and paid with a US credit card billed to a US address.
Except that’s not how you started out…

…their system cancelled the order because I wasn't paying with a card issued by a US-based bank. This was weird, as I had the same issue with Apple before, but I solved that by paying through PayPal (still charging the same non-US credit card).

Upvote 0