Michael Reichmann has passed away age 71

Mar 25, 2011
I had the feeling it was coming, he seemed to recover but then nothing from him recently. A endowment was setup in his name about a year ago to help deserving photographers. He was a credit to the photographic community, and I learned much from reading his articles. Its a rare talent when you can be a good photographer and also communicate effectively.

"The Luminous Endowment for Photographers is a charitable fund created by Michael Reichmann. The Endowment provides financial assistance through grants to deserving photographers and their projects – worldwide."

Upvote 0
He was fearless in his pursuit of information and telling manufacturers what he thought. He provoked debate by challenging stereotypes and although I may not have agreed with some of his views, healthy discussion was always welcome - much like on here. His site was one of the first decent source of information about digital cameras and printing. I learnt lots about digital cameras through his site.

Michael liked to take photos which made you think, and his global travels allowed him lots of opportunity to do this. They may not have had mass appeal, but another photographer would appreciate them.

He was also lucky, having made his wealth in Telco's iirc, and that allowed him to pursue his passion and then share it with the world. It also allowed him to buy any piece of kit he wanted, and he did get some amazing stuff. :D

Thank you for sharing Michael, I hope you did not suffer much at the end :(

Upvote 0