Canon shows of APS-C dual-lens fisheye and stereoscopic lenses at CES

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We are just catching up on CES after taking some time away to travel. The big consumer electronics show used to be a big deal when the PowerShot line-up was selling in the millions, we’d usually see a new G camera and a slew of other compact goodies. Those days are long gone. At this

See full article...

Reactions: 1 user

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The tape makes me think maybe it is more than just a prototype.
There would be no reason to put any label on a prototype that they do not want to show off.

These are definitely completed products that will make it to market at some point.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Looks like Canon isn't exactly that conservative, lagging behind camera maker, like you can read in masses of bashing comments on DPRev. Well, everybody who knows about Canon's history knows this already ;)
Whenever Canon does something first it is called a weird niche product that no one needs.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Whenever Canon does something first it is called a weird niche product that no one needs
Or gets criticized (DPR forum) for features it has or should have got. ("Nobody needs a 24-105 F/2,8, they should have made an F/4 or a 35-150" etc...) and so on and so on.
I'm waiting for the R1 criticism (no global shutter, no reduced DR, no native 250 ISO :LOL:)
Sorry, I forgot. Criticism has already started here on this forum, before the R1's specs have become public !

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Or gets criticized (DPR forum) for features it has or should have got. ("Nobody needs a 24-105 F/2,8, they should have made an F/4 or a 35-150" etc...) and so on and so on.
I waiting for the R1 criticism (no global shutter, no reduced DR, no native 250 ISO :LOL:)
Sorry, I forgot. Criticism has already started here on this forum, before the R1's specs have become public !
The integrated grip makes it too large!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
The imminent launch of Apple Vision Pro and the amount of money Facebook spends on the metaverse likely play a role as well.
Yep - when Apple gets involved, you generally know its heading for the mass market and, in this case, there will be a surge in demand for content (and the tools to produce it).

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Yep - when Apple gets involved, you generally know its heading for the mass market and, in this case, there will be a surge in demand for content (and the tools to produce it).
I remain unconvinced about mass-market appeal for prolonged headset wearing, but I am interested in capturing more of the 3D nature of things. Especially for things like dragonfly close-ups, but I suspect it will not be suitable for macro purposes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Nemorino

EOS R5
Aug 29, 2020
I remain unconvinced about mass-market appeal for prolonged headset wearing
Just to remember
IGB_006055_Visore_stereoscopico_portatile_Museo_scienza_e_tecnologia_Milano.jpg

Brewster-type stereoscope, 1870

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0