Moon photos

Don Haines said:
scyrene said:
Got a new telescope! The moon was the only thing I could practise on for now...

Nice picture!

What is your telescope?

Thanks!

Just the Celestron 4SE. Tbh it's not the telescope as much as the mount - I needed something that would track the sky and take more weight (I had a good, but flimsy one before). I've managed to mount my camera + lens directly to the mount so will hopefully be able to do some good deep sky work with the 70-200 too :)

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
scyrene said:
Don Haines said:
scyrene said:

Nice picture!

What is your telescope?

Thanks!

Just the Celestron 4SE. Tbh it's not the telescope as much as the mount - I needed something that would track the sky and take more weight (I had a good, but flimsy one before). I've managed to mount my camera + lens directly to the mount so will hopefully be able to do some good deep sky work with the 70-200 too :)
I just picked up one of these.....
https://focusscientific.com/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/14/products_id/957
It is supposed to be clear skies this weekend so I am heading off into Algonquin Park to play with my new toy this weekend.... Hopefully I will have something to show for it.....

Upvote 0
Don Haines said:
scyrene said:
Don Haines said:
scyrene said:

Nice picture!

What is your telescope?

Thanks!

I just picked up one of these.....
https://focusscientific.com/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/14/products_id/957
It is supposed to be clear skies this weekend so I am heading off into Algonquin Park to play with my new toy this weekend.... Hopefully I will have something to show for it.....

Good luck, have fun! I looked at that one. I had the smaller version but sold it as although it worked okay, aligning it manually didn't suit my laziness and it couldn't take the weight of my big lens. Do let us know how this one is! :)

Upvote 0
Here's my latest, I composited two exposures to get the DR.

28433081194_c562de966c_b.jpg

Upvote 0
Valvebounce said:
Hi GMC.
Very nice, was it taken from the same pier as the townscape looking the other way?

Cheers, Graham.

GMCPhotographics said:
Here's my latest, I composited two exposures to get the DR.

28433081194_c562de966c_b.jpg

Thanks you. Yes it was, Deal Pier in Kent, UK. I went to the pier to see if I could incorporate the moon in to a pier shot...but it was in the wrong place and didn't look that good. But I came away with a few shots like this that I didn't expect.

Upvote 0
applecider said:
Here's another 1200mm shot which is grantedly over processed, and then magnified by posting, haven't got the trick of smooth image addition yet.

Be nice if the title of this thread was "moon shots" just tweaks the imagination a bit more.

And GMC that moon over water is fetching.

For sharpening shots like this I would use wavelets, take a look at:

https://sites.google.com/site/southwiltshireastro/processing

Upvote 0