More Announcements from Canon Coming in September

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
We’re told that Canon has plans for more product announcements in September, although we don’t know the exact date at this time.</p>
<p>What will be announced?</p>
<p>We can confirm that we’re going to get some new video products. We do not believe the new products to be Cinema EOS related, but that may change as we learn more.</p>

<p>We cannot confirm this, but it would make sense that the <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-powershot-g1-x-mark-ii-specifications-cr1/">recently leaked PowerShot G1 X Mark III</a> will be part of the announcements next month.</p>
<p><em>More to come…</em></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>
<div style="font-size:0px;height:0px;line-height:0px;margin:0;padding:0;clear:both"></div>

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
weixing said:
Hi,
eosuser1234 said:
Hoping for that Cinema EOS-M.
It's already out... it's called the EOS C. ;)

Have a nice day.

He wants a professional line of cinema cameras...

...with an EF-M mount.

Baller! :eek:

Andreos said:
6D Mk III

Isn't there a rumor of a firmware update on 6D MkII? Maybe keeping it in roman numerals... They'll call it 6DMkII I/II !!

Upvote 0
Talys said:
neuroanatomist said:
tianxiaozhang said:
Why not a solid 50/1.4 USM II...

They already gave us a TS-E 50mm L, how many 50mm lenses do people need? ;) ;)

The 50mm/1.4USM being announced in September will sacrifice tilt for IS. And Macro! With 3 inch MFD!!

Yes!
70mm diameter, 70mm length, 500g
good IQ at f/1.4 from corner to corner, very good at f/2 and stellar from f/2.8,
EDIT: I would be satisfied with 30cm / 12 inch MFD (3 inches might be inside the lens :) - but an important point
(1.4 85 is not interesting for me due to the lack of useful MFD (for ME) / low max reproduction ration of 0.12)
799 $ / EUR

- great dual use lens for APS-C (80mm) and FF!

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
andrei1989 said:
i'm 99% sure any ef-m lens would have been launched together with the m100...maybe we'll see something later this year, who knows? :)

speaking of..any rumors in general regarding new ef-m lenses? :D

I'm not sure I expect many additional EF-M lenses in the near future. Consider the current EF-S lineup, and compare that to what's out there for the M series. For EF-M, we have a standard zoom (two, actually: 18-55 and 15-45), a telephoto zoom (55-200), an ultrawide zoom (11-22), a superzoom (18-150), a wide/fast prime (22/2), and a macro lens (28). Compared to EF-S, the 'gaps' are a fast standard zoom (like the 17-55/2.8 IS), a higher zoom ratio standard lens (like the 15-85 IS), and a normal/fast prime (like the 35/2.8 IS).

The EF-S 17-55/2.8 and 15-85 are higher end lenses, and currently there's only the M5 as a higher end MILC, so I'm not sure those lenses will be high priorities for Canon (especially considering that they haven't updated the 17-55, which is now 11 years old). Also, with larger/heavier lenses, you start to hit diminishing returns for an EF-M version compared to adapting the EF-S version. Perhaps we will start to see M lenses in this class after a few more iterations of the M5.

But maybe we'll see a normal/fast prime, and maybe we will get a 22/2 with IS.

Upvote 0