More Announcements from Canon Coming in September

Talys said:
weixing said:
Hi,
eosuser1234 said:
Hoping for that Cinema EOS-M.
It's already out... it's called the EOS C. ;)

Have a nice day.

He wants a professional line of cinema cameras...

...with an EF-M mount.

Baller! :eek:

Andreos said:
6D Mk III

Isn't there a rumor of a firmware update on 6D MkII? Maybe keeping it in roman numerals... They'll call it 6DMkII I/II !!

6DMkIIn?

Upvote 0

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
LonelyBoy said:
Talys said:
weixing said:
Hi,
eosuser1234 said:
Hoping for that Cinema EOS-M.
It's already out... it's called the EOS C. ;)

Have a nice day.

He wants a professional line of cinema cameras...

...with an EF-M mount.

Baller! :eek:

Andreos said:
6D Mk III

Isn't there a rumor of a firmware update on 6D MkII? Maybe keeping it in roman numerals... They'll call it 6DMkII I/II !!

6DMkIIn?

If it were Microsoft: Canon 6DMkII Professional Edition with Fall Creator's Update
If it were Adobe: Canon 6DMkII CC 20170425.r.252x64.Please.Please.Subscribe
If it were Apple: Canon 6DMkII S and Canon 6DMkII Pro
If it were Google: Canon 6DMkII 14 Fudge Sundae

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Talys said:
If it were Microsoft: Canon 6DMkII Professional Edition with Fall Creator's Update
But it wouldn't work with half the EF lenses, although it would have a very cool welcome screen.

Talys said:
If it were Adobe: Canon 6DMkII CC 20170425.r.252x64.Please.Please.Subscribe
And whilst looking for the convoluted way to get the stand alone option they still do offer but hide you'd realize it is way easier to get a pirated 1DX MkII.

Talys said:
If it were Apple: Canon 6DMkII S and Canon 6DMkII Pro
Except they'd save space by doing away with all the ports and just put a single port in there that did everything, trouble is a simple charging cable would cost $95 and only two companies would make any peripherals like memory cards etc (Like Nikon and XQD!).

Talys said:
If it were Google: Canon 6DMkII 14 Fudge Sundae

And it would be good, and we'd all get obese and they'd have a never ending stream of 'targeted' adverts come up on the screen. lets face it everything is better with ice cream. :D

Upvote 0
Fleetie said:
geekpower said:
Rowk said:
I guess there won't be a successor to the EF 135mm f/2L yet?

i'm still wondering about that, and also an update to the 70-200 f/4L IS.
Why? That lens is stellar, and unbelievably sharp.
Very light, too.

that may be true, but there was a rumor about a new 70-200 this year and the f4 is much older than the f2.8

Upvote 0

greger

7D
Jan 1, 2013
I don't think Canon could do anything to the 70-200 f4 IS USM to improve it. It is so sharp that it captured a fish in the talons of an Osprey flying up river with the 1.4 Extender mounted. I did not see this till I was working on the picture and magnified the bird using the loupe in Adobe Raw. I was checking how clear the bird was and checked the talons only to find a fish that I had no idea was there. Unfortunately the 2 X Extender was not as good as the 100-400 is by itself. I don't want to try to upgrade to the 100-400 vs ll.
My wife uses the 70-200 f4 IS on her 70D and likes the combo and the pictures she gets using it.

Upvote 0
geekpower said:
Rowk said:
I guess there won't be a successor to the EF 135mm f/2L yet?

i'm still wondering about that, and also an update to the 70-200 f/4L IS.

Given they announced four L lenses together last month, I wouldn't think there would be any more any time soon. If they had another one, why not include it with those? Plus, CR had rumours for all the lenses released that were pretty on the money in the weeks running up to it. So - don't hold your breath!

Upvote 0