More Specifications & Images of EOS 5D Mark IV

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
LetTheRightLensIn said:
And the reason I started going negative way back was so that we'd never end up in this position years later where Canon ended up totally blowing their dominance

That's magical thinking, along the lines of "I ate a pepperoni pizza before the Super Bowl and my team lost, so I will never eat a pepperoni pizza before a Super Bowl game again."

You can tell yourself that, but really, Canon isn't making their development decisions based on whether or not you make negative comments on a geek forum.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
unfocused said:
LetTheRightLensIn said:
And the reason I started going negative way back was so that we'd never end up in this position years later where Canon ended up totally blowing their dominance

That's magical thinking, along the lines of "I ate a pepperoni pizza before the Super Bowl and my team lost, so I will never eat a pepperoni pizza before a Super Bowl game again."

You can tell yourself that, but really, Canon isn't making their development decisions based on whether or not you make negative comments on a geek forum.

What?! Canon didn't call an executive emergency meeting because a poster went full eeyore mode?
:eek:

Upvote 0
Detailed specs of the EOS 5D Mark IV
From the direction of the reader, we have to provide more detailed information, including the details of the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV of "dual pixel RAW".
Feature specifications are as follows: the EOS 5D Mark IV.

- New development of Canon 30.4MP CMOS sensor
- dual pixel AF CMOS
- image processing engine is Tasu DIGIC6
- effectively adopt the new noise processing algorithm to reduce the noise
- common sensitivity ISO100-32000 (extended sensitivity ISO50, ISO51200, ISO102400 )
- camera in the DLO (digital lens optimizer)
- diffraction correction
- shutter speed is 30 seconds -1/8000 seconds (synchro 1/200 sec)
- Picture style to add fine detail
- AF 61 points. Corresponding to F8 in all of the distance measuring point. -3EV Corresponding (at the time of live view -4EV)
- seven, including a "large zone AF" of the AF area selection mode
- finder is 100% field of view. Magnification 0.71 times. Eye point 21Mm
- electronic level (2-axis)
- LCD monitor 3.2 inches 1.62 million dots. Touch panel
- 150,000-pixel RGB + IR metering sensor. 252 zone photometry
- photometry range EV0-20
- EOS ISA system
- EOS iTR system
- (at the time of OVF used) continuous shooting up to 7 frames / sec
- servo AF live view sometimes continuous shooting 4.3 frames / sec.
- Touch AF, touch shutter
- mirror vibration control system (MVCS)
- anti-flicker
- Wi-Fi built-in (IEEE802.11 b / g / n) . NFC-enabled
- EOS's first FTP / FTPS transfer function (wireless file transmitter is not required)
- GPS built-in. GPS logger function
- video 4K30fps (MJPEG). Full HD60fps (ALL-I, IPB) . HD120fps (ALL-I)
- 4K30p in 4: 2: 2 Motion JPEG support
- a JPEG image of 8.8MP from 4K video in the camera can be cut out
- 0.25 times the HD120fps high frame rate movies for slow motion
- CF (UDMA7 ) and a dual card slot of SD / SDHC / SDXC (UHS-I)
- a built-in interval timer and valve timer
- the durability of the shutter 15 million times
- the body is magnesium alloy. Dust and water specifications
- microphone terminal. Headphone jack. HDMI terminal
- battery-E6N LP / LP-E6
- Battery life is approximately 900 sheets (OVF when used, a temperature of 23 degrees)
- the size of the X 116.4Mm X 150.7Mm 75.9Mm
- weighs 890g (battery, memory card including). 800g (body only)
Innovative image processing concept "dual pixel RAW (Dual Pixel RAW)" support. "Dual pixel RAW" is one of the special RAW file that contains two pieces of information of a dual-pixel CMOS (normal perspective and parallax information) in the RAW file.

This RAW file by treatment with dual pixel RAW optimizer of DPP, the following three functions are provided.

1) Image Microadjustment (Image Micro-adjustment): resolving power from the depth information of the dual pixel RAW file to fine-tune the position so as to maximize the (micro-adjustable).

2) Bokeshifuto (Bokeh Shift): to change the point of view of the blur in order to obtain a better blur.

3) ghost reduction (Ghosting Reduction): to suppress the occurrence of ghost and flare.

It is going to be a "dual pixel RAW" is something amazing feature of the EOS 5D Mark IV. Only text is the image is hard to spring, but this feature is like a system that allows a wide variety of post-processing using the distance information of the dual pixel. Whether this feature will bring actually what effect, it is a place very interesting.
----------------------------------------------
Provides information and Thank you who was who.

August 19, 2016

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
weixing said:
Hi,
makistza said:
- the durability of the shutter 15 million times
Shutter 15 millions times?? :eek: Or is it 0.15 millions times?? ::)

Have a nice day.

Obviously it's 15 million. Canon has had the technology to build mirror/shutter assemblies out of osmandium and unobtainium for years, and it seems they've finally decided to stop holding out on us. :)

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
scyrene said:
But to dismiss normalisation as some dark art or weird fad is... absurd.

True – normalization is certainly useful and important in some cases. But it's important to understand what your doing, and why, or you risk looking like an idiot.

True that. I try, though freely admit there's a lot I don't know and am happy to be educated :)

I guess ultimately cameras can't be objectively compared in a perfect way. And the more I learn (mostly here), the muddier even the most seemingly clear cut topics become. I suppose that's how the world is :-\

Upvote 0

K

Jan 29, 2015
With the release of this camera, the only thing Nikon will have over Canon, is doing 5 stop exposure lifts at ISO 64.

I'll take that trade off.

If Canon wants to really take a chunk out of Nikon's entry level FF market, offer dual SD cards on the 6D2, and it is game over.

Specs are looking good overall. Not sure anyone can really complain, except for the video guys who want $15,000 equipment and features in a $3,000 DSLR.

Upvote 0
Maybe its just me but I am not blown away by the specs. However, I thought that about the mark 2 to the mark 3 and I was blown away by the mark 3 when I got two of them. Not sure if I will swap the two I have out for a while. The Mark 3's are more than capable at the moment. Maybe the video guys will be more impressed.

Sean Gannon
www.finngrace.co.uk

Upvote 0
Antono Refa said:
I wonder why Canon chose UHS-I over UHS-II.

As to image micro-adjustment, bokeh shift, and ghost reduction - I have my doubts. If it was impressive, Canon would be drum those features before release, rather than after.

But... but... Canon's doing exactly that? Presenting the camera and having a couple of weeks to promote before it hits the shops.

Worked well for the 5DS/R.

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014
Maiaibing said:
Antono Refa said:
I wonder why Canon chose UHS-I over UHS-II.

As to image micro-adjustment, bokeh shift, and ghost reduction - I have my doubts. If it was impressive, Canon would be drum those features before release, rather than after.

But... but... Canon's doing exactly that? Presenting the camera

Canon is present*ing* the camera? Or a prototype / tech demonstration, as in "look at this 120-megapixel DSLR we might release one day"?

My point exactly.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
Yes, but it's a game. In fact, I totally disagree with LetTheRightLensIn that you should compare scaled values. Although those normalized 'Print' values are useful for engineers (and fangoils and measurebaters, too), it's the non-normalized 'Screen' values that should matter to photographers. For photographers, what matters is the difference between the brightest highlight detail and the darkest shadow detail that can be captured.

So wanna take me up on my gold sheet offer then? Yeah, didn't think so.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
True – normalization is certainly useful and important in some cases. But it's important to understand what your doing, and why, or you risk looking like an idiot.

And it's also important to not decide to use it when it makes Canon look good and decide to not use it when it makes Canon look bad, it's important to always use it. hint hint.

It's important to not use that knowledge to mislead others just to pump up your most favored brand and to be fair and honest about things. hint hint.

Upvote 0
unfocused said:
LetTheRightLensIn said:

If enough people scream, sometimes companies react. Canon has not all that much but they did at least finally start moving to on chip ADC, as a beginning (and note they said they didn't do it earlier for any reason other than it costs them a touch more per sensor to do it better). And when tons of people went nuts for months, including the biggest names in film, over lack of manual exposure control for 5D2 video, they finally added it in.

Always worth a shot, if even if the chance is small, doesn't take much effort.

Other companies have been more reactive. Canon is very slow and not all that reactive, so you have to start going not years early and lots of people go nuts to have a hope they wake up a react a little. (and it's not like they are not completely not worried since they kept sending me these surveys that included questions along the line of "how trapped in the Canon system do you feel by your lens collection" etc. and you could jsut see they were trying to calculate what is the absolute most they could possible hold back from delivering on without fianlly completely driving tons of people away, if they can play that game, why the heck she we the paying customer not have the right to try to push them forward? it's not like we are handing them monopoly money or they are our charity. they seek to deliver as little as they can for as much as they can, not like they are some angels, so why can't the customer push back?)

Upvote 0