Mountains, Lakes and Rivers 2

DominoDude

Certified photon catcher
Feb 7, 2013
::1
dpc said:
I believe I posted this picture somewhere in the forum some time ago. I just purchased Affinity Photo 1.5 for Macintosh and wanted to see how it worked on some of my older RAW files. I like what I see. I processed the RAW file for this picture in AP 1.5 and touched the resulting TIFF up a bit in LR5.
I like it, dpc!
A tad too much on the saturated side for me personally, but living where you do I bet any amount of colour is good colour at this time of year. I envy how you manage to find things worth shooting. (I would go bonkers. Some say I already have... *rolls eyes*)
Keep 'em coming! And forgive me if I seem rude, that is not the purpose.

Upvote 0
DominoDude said:
dpc said:
I believe I posted this picture somewhere in the forum some time ago. I just purchased Affinity Photo 1.5 for Macintosh and wanted to see how it worked on some of my older RAW files. I like what I see. I processed the RAW file for this picture in AP 1.5 and touched the resulting TIFF up a bit in LR5.
I like it, dpc!
A tad too much on the saturated side for me personally, but living where you do I bet any amount of colour is good colour at this time of year. I envy how you manage to find things worth shooting. (I would go bonkers. Some say I already have... *rolls eyes*)

You don't appear rude at all, DD. The picture is a bit over the top with respect to saturation. I chose to do that just for the heck of it. I've never been one to subscribe to the view that a photograph has to be a perfect representation of the scene before one. Of course, no photograph is. I'm attaching a file that more closely represents what I saw when I snapped the picture. Actually, it's probably a bit flatter than it should be but it's not too far off the mark. I didn't use Affinity Photo with this. I just this moment threw the RAW file into DxO OpticsPro 11 (I like the automatic adjustments and especially the noise reduction) and then sent it over to Lightroom 5 for a minor touch up.

Attachments

• _MG_5357 copy_DxO-Edit.jpg
    _MG_5357 copy_DxO-Edit.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 0

DominoDude

Certified photon catcher
Feb 7, 2013
::1
dpc said:
DominoDude said:
dpc said:
I like it, dpc!

You don't appear rude at all, DD. The picture is a bit over the top with respect to saturation. I chose to do that just for the heck of it. I've never been one to subscribe to the view that a photograph has to be a perfect representation of the scene before one. Of course, no photograph is. I'm attaching a file that more closely represents what I saw when I snapped the picture. Actually, it's probably a bit flatter than it should be but it's not too far off the mark. I didn't use Affinity Photo with this. I just this moment threw the RAW file into DxO OpticsPro 11 (I like the automatic adjustments and especially the noise reduction) and then sent it over to Lightroom 5 for a minor touch up.
*nods* Artistic freedom and testing boundaries - photography would be nothing without it. And, thankfully, we all see the world a bit differently and are influenced by different things.
I like this rendition at least as much as the previous.

I do everything in DPP, and the overall choices and sliders don't give me enough options to tweak images to my liking every time. Having the possibility to use different software to adjust and render photos according to feel is superb. Sucky thing would be the need to learn different workflows for each.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Caleb.
That is a very nice shot, great mood and atmosphere. There is one thing about a camera, it is a great leveller of people, it matters not your age, or the gear, you either can or cannot see a picture, I think you can.
If I may offer one piece of advice, watch your horizontals particularly with water, we all know intuitively that water, unless going through tortuous rapids etc, is flat (horizontal) disputes yours being a little off, I like your shot.
I will confess that my horizons are often wonky, I use the levelling function in DxO a LOT!

Cheers, Graham.

Caleb said:
Here is a picture of a sunrise. I am only 13 years old so they are not as good as your guys. :)

Upvote 0
Here's one from my portfolio images:
4326640776_fe58202e13_o.jpg

Upvote 0
I posted an almost identical picture on December 8th. I'm trying out the demo of ON1 Photo RAW 2017 on its partner. I think I like the first posting better. That's nothing to do with the software, of course, but with the way I've developed the RAW file. ON1 Photo RAW is interesting software. :)

Attachments

• _MG_5347.jpg
    _MG_5347.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 0