Mountains, Lakes and Rivers 2

dpc

EOS-1D X Mark III
Dec 11, 2013
6,346
3,857
Western Canada
Shore of Lake Minnewanka, Banff National Park...
 

Attachments

  • _MG_4129-Edit.jpg
    _MG_4129-Edit.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 200

dpc

EOS-1D X Mark III
Dec 11, 2013
6,346
3,857
Western Canada
Morning sun illuminating a mountain spur covered with a forest of larches at Moraine Lake, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada. I posted this picture on another thread but have gone back to the RAW file to see if I could improve it. I think I have but I could be deluding myself.
 

Attachments

  • _MG_4031-Edit-2.jpg
    _MG_4031-Edit-2.jpg
    585.3 KB · Views: 225

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
14,589
3,403
Canada
dpc said:
Morning sun illuminating a mountain spur covered with a forest of larches at Moraine Lake, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada. I posted this picture on another thread but have gone back to the RAW file to see if I could improve it. I think I have but I could be deluding myself.

Nice. :) Well done, dpc
 

dpc

EOS-1D X Mark III
Dec 11, 2013
6,346
3,857
Western Canada
Click said:
dpc said:
Morning sun illuminating a mountain spur covered with a forest of larches at Moraine Lake, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada. I posted this picture on another thread but have gone back to the RAW file to see if I could improve it. I think I have but I could be deluding myself.

Nice. :) Well done, dpc

Thanks, Click! This is one of my favourites of all those pictures I've taken. :)
 

AE-1Burnham

EOS 90D
May 22, 2013
102
13
Bergen, Norge
Wow Amaroc. Your image puts me at peace letting my eyes wander the beautiful fjordscape, reaching for the sounds, the wind and all with a sense of being connected,-if only as a very small actor in a colossal, dynamic organism. Peace at last. Thank you
 

Amaroc_GL

I'm New Here
Aug 30, 2016
20
1
AE-1Burnham said:
Wow Amaroc. Your image puts me at peace letting my eyes wander the beautiful fjordscape, reaching for the sounds, the wind and all with a sense of being connected,-if only as a very small actor in a colossal, dynamic organism. Peace at last. Thank you

I thank you very much for those beautiful words.

This image might put things in perspective how big the mountains are.

And also thank you Click. :)

Nuuk Fjord. by EightysixNuuk, on Flickr
 

lion rock

EOS 5D Mark IV
Jan 1, 2013
1,920
37
Now I feel small miniscule.
A fantastic photograph!
-r

Amaroc_GL said:
AE-1Burnham said:
Wow Amaroc. Your image puts me at peace letting my eyes wander the beautiful fjordscape, reaching for the sounds, the wind and all with a sense of being connected,-if only as a very small actor in a colossal, dynamic organism. Peace at last. Thank you

I thank you very much for those beautiful words.

This image might put things in perspective how big the mountains are.

And also thank you Click. :)

on Flickr
 
D

Deleted member 378664

Guest
Last weekend was St. Patricks Day in Ireland. But it is celebrated all over the world. Around 90 places on earth have done this by illuminating their landmark/sights/places of interest.

Near my hometown is the River Rhein with its Fall (Rheinfall) in Switzerland. So I went there to take some pictures of this green event. The fall has a width of 150m, and a hight of 23 meters. It is the biggest waterfall in Europe. One can visit the big stone in the middle of the fall and climb (via stairway) on top of it. There is a boat bringing people there. the light stripe shows the route the boat takes to go there.
Enjoy:
Rheinfall.jpg