Mountains, Lakes and Rivers 2

Morning sun illuminating a mountain spur covered with a forest of larches at Moraine Lake, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada. I posted this picture on another thread but have gone back to the RAW file to see if I could improve it. I think I have but I could be deluding myself.

Attachments

• _MG_4031-Edit-2.jpg
    _MG_4031-Edit-2.jpg
    585.3 KB · Views: 239
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
dpc said:
Morning sun illuminating a mountain spur covered with a forest of larches at Moraine Lake, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada. I posted this picture on another thread but have gone back to the RAW file to see if I could improve it. I think I have but I could be deluding myself.

Nice. :) Well done, dpc

Upvote 0
Click said:
dpc said:

Nice. :) Well done, dpc

Thanks, Click! This is one of my favourites of all those pictures I've taken. :)

Upvote 0
AE-1Burnham said:
Wow Amaroc. Your image puts me at peace letting my eyes wander the beautiful fjordscape, reaching for the sounds, the wind and all with a sense of being connected,-if only as a very small actor in a colossal, dynamic organism. Peace at last. Thank you

I thank you very much for those beautiful words.

This image might put things in perspective how big the mountains are.

And also thank you Click. :)

Nuuk Fjord. by EightysixNuuk, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
Now I feel small miniscule.
A fantastic photograph!
-r

Amaroc_GL said:
AE-1Burnham said:
Wow Amaroc. Your image puts me at peace letting my eyes wander the beautiful fjordscape, reaching for the sounds, the wind and all with a sense of being connected,-if only as a very small actor in a colossal, dynamic organism. Peace at last. Thank you

I thank you very much for those beautiful words.

This image might put things in perspective how big the mountains are.

And also thank you Click. :)

on Flickr

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378664

Last weekend was St. Patricks Day in Ireland. But it is celebrated all over the world. Around 90 places on earth have done this by illuminating their landmark/sights/places of interest.

Near my hometown is the River Rhein with its Fall (Rheinfall) in Switzerland. So I went there to take some pictures of this green event. The fall has a width of 150m, and a hight of 23 meters. It is the biggest waterfall in Europe. One can visit the big stone in the middle of the fall and climb (via stairway) on top of it. There is a boat bringing people there. the light stripe shows the route the boat takes to go there.
Enjoy:
Rheinfall.jpg

Upvote 0