Mountains, Lakes and Rivers 2

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Matt.
An interesting shot, a good decision to shoot from a low perspective, and the brightness of the white and red boats is a great contrast to the wreck. It looks like such an old derelict boat then you see the radar enclosure that begs the question what caused her demise.

Cheers, Graham.

dhr90 said:
Heybridge Basin. Despite being high tide the water wasn't quite as still as I was hoping for.

Upvote 0
Valvebounce said:
Hi Matt.
An interesting shot, a good decision to shoot from a low perspective, and the brightness of the white and red boats is a great contrast to the wreck. It looks like such an old derelict boat then you see the radar enclosure that begs the question what caused her demise.

Cheers, Graham.

dhr90 said:
Heybridge Basin. Despite being high tide the water wasn't quite as still as I was hoping for.

She'll go sailing no more by Matt, on Flickr

Thanks, the trespassing was worth it to get the shot then! Its been there as long as I remember, and that radar housing does intrigue me also. Suspect its just neglect, couple of boats like that in the area. Pretty sure at teh right time of year the sunrise would be in shot as well...if I can drag myself out of bed so early.

Upvote 0
I posted this some time ago but have gone back to the RAW file and reprocessed it, adjusting the colour somewhat differently. This couple are walking across the ice on a mountain lake in late March, not a good idea. The ice was beginning to crack along the shore, but the couple made it across without incident. :)

Attachments

• _MG_6384_DxO-Edit-2.jpg
    _MG_6384_DxO-Edit-2.jpg
    690.1 KB · Views: 206
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378664

This August in the Allgäu Alps in the south of Germany near the border to Austria.

the Prinz Luitpold hut
Berglatsche%20Tag1-29.jpg

summit cross
Berglatsche%20Tag1-33.jpg

the same cross with its surroundings
Berglatsche%20Tag1-34.jpg

regards
Frank

Upvote 0
High hills of the Okanagan Valley of south-central British Columbia late one afternoon this past September. Taken with a 5DMII + 70-300mm L lens. Post-processed in Affinity Photo 1.5. I'm liking what I've seen of Affinity Photo so far and it's certainly inexpensive as far as these kinds of programme go. Not the best picture I've ever taken but I like it anyway.

Attachments

• _MG_5347 copy (1).jpg
    _MG_5347 copy (1).jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 0
I believe I posted this picture somewhere in the forum some time ago. I just purchased Affinity Photo 1.5 for Macintosh and wanted to see how it worked on some of my older RAW files. I like what I see. I processed the RAW file for this picture in AP 1.5 and touched the resulting TIFF up a bit in LR5.

Attachments

• _MG_5357.jpg
    _MG_5357.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0