Mountains, Lakes and Rivers

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Thanks Graham,

Yes I was in awe up there and so tired I couldn't really put much energy or thought into the shots, unfortunately. My daughter,as a child, had never camped in the mountains and she simply exhausted poor old ma and pa (mid 60's) on this trip as a young energetic adult! ;)

The shots are in case anyone is debating going where we've just been. GO

Jack

Upvote 0
4.jpg

A view from above

Upvote 0

tomscott

Photographer & Graphic Designer
Upvote 0
Great thread guys, this is definitely one of my favorite subjects.

Still trying to learn how to take good pictures of mountains, here is a little contribution. Not entirely happy with the composition but brought way to little water on this trip and got seriously dehydrated and had little energy left for taking pictures. Still I like it because the place is so awesome.

Attachments

• DSC02021.jpg
    DSC02021.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 646
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
msm said:
Still trying to learn how to take good pictures of mountains, here is a little contribution. Not entirely happy with the composition but brought way to little water on this trip and got seriously dehydrated and had little energy left for taking pictures. Still I like it because the place is so awesome.

Great shot. Beautiful place. 8)

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
"but brought way to little water" - more fun to carry lenses until it's time to drink! ;)

So, where is this "place" and what are you shooting with etc.

Jack

Think I went up with like 10kg camera gear and 3L water. Next time it will be 10L water 3kg camera gear :p

It is Romsdalen Norway, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_wall on the right. Shot with an A7R and a 24mm TS/E shifted down.

Upvote 0