Multiple cameras coming to the new Cinema EOS R lineup. Along with a new XC series camera. [CR2]

As I looked at this design in detail, I thought only "Harry-whatever" could have come up with something like this! Then I wondered who did post it, and shazam! - there he was! You never know whether his posts are real and brilliant, or so ridiculous that you feel embarrassed over taking them seriously. I prefer to take them as entertainment - well done, Harry! :ROFLMAO:

===

I put it out there for giggles mostly until my actual degree-carrying colleague reviewed it and made it known to me after noting another poster who said LI-900 would be an insulator of the copper heat transfer plates and pipes and would stay hot. It seems if you use FIBROUS silica (or any other fibrous material), very little heat transfer would take place as it becomes an insulator.
The heat transfer would NOT be fast enough to cool the CPUs!

My older shown design would ONLY WORK at much higher temperatures quite exceeding hundreds of degrees kinda frying the camera cpus. That design ONLY WORKS for things like insulating a spacecraft during re-entry where huge heat differentials are required for the LI-900 tile to act heat-sink-like. (i.e in excess of 500 Celcius)

Anyways, a revised version of the design is noted below with the changes designed for consumer devices using more contemporary heat sink materials such as actual Carbon-Carbon Composite, Solid BoroSilicate Glass or even Fire Brick!

OOOOPS! That was my earlier mistake! Again, the design MUST be thermally profiled, modeled and simulated on a computer first BEFORE anyone tries to use it! The design only looks ridiculous because I'm just layman making things work out in my workshop. Once in a while I get it right! MODEL IT AND TEST IT BEFORE YA USE IT IS MY WARNING!

Soooooo --- ONTO THE NEXT ALMOST RIDICULOUS DESIGN OF MINE!

V

Attachments

• Open Source GPL-3 Heat Sink Design covering Stills-Video Cameras, Phones, Tablets, Computers i...jpg
    Open Source GPL-3 Heat Sink Design covering Stills-Video Cameras, Phones, Tablets, Computers i...jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Arod820

Camera Operator
Sep 19, 2018
Miami
The R200 has my attention. Give me 10 bit 4k60 over hdmi and I'll buy it day 1. Plus, rf to ef speedbooster will make it a very powerful tool.
I wish this thing had 10 bit, unfortunately the C100/200 level cams usually get some kind of major disadvantage.

Getting the R300 most likely, been using the C100 mki for the past 6 years, it’s well overdue for an upgrade. Excited to see how this thing turns out.

Upvote 0

KenLLL

Eos R, M6II
Sep 17, 2018
I wish this thing had 10 bit, unfortunately the C100/200 level cams usually get some kind of major disadvantage.

Getting the R300 most likely, been using the C100 mki for the past 6 years, it’s well overdue for an upgrade. Excited to see how this thing turns out.
I'd say too early to tell. I'm betting/hoping it'll have 10 bit in some form. Would be a huge oversight to not include 10 bit in the R200 when the R6 has it.

Upvote 0
I'd say too early to tell. I'm betting/hoping it'll have 10 bit in some form. Would be a huge oversight to not include 10 bit in the R200 when the R6 has it.
Yeah, the R6 does have it but it's in H265, which is a major pain in the ass to edit and not worth it in my opinion.

I prefer the 8bit file from the C200 than have to deal with the horrible H265.

Upvote 0

KenLLL

Eos R, M6II
Sep 17, 2018
Yeah, the R6 does have it but it's in H265, which is a major pain in the ass to edit and not worth it in my opinion.

I prefer the 8bit file from the C200 than have to deal with the horrible H265.
Transcode to prores or dnx. Not that hard, just takes a little extra time. When i rented an xf705 i had to do the same thing. People love to complain, sheesh. Can't wait till h266 becomes mainstream and everyone will loose their minds all over again.

Upvote 0