Mushrooms And Fungi Of Any Kind

While wandering through a section of the small forest near the house I came across a fallen trunk with some interesting shapes.
NF21027-4K.jpg

R5 RF100 f/2.8L IS 1/100 : f/11 : ISO 1000

And a larger one I had spotted before but was now completely out of the dirt.
NF21026-4K.jpg

R5 RF100 f/2.8L IS 1/500 : f/14 : ISO 1000

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Went out hiking with big net for birds (as I usually do on that trail and usually come back empty for birds)! On other hand my only Oahu Elepaio photos are from that trail!!! Today I just got small basked of mushrooms and no birds...

1. I was thinking Laccaria fraterna (from distance and no glasses:( ) and didn't put a lot of effort... Actually if I knew the outcome of this hike I would go there with a macro lens! It's not Laccaria, it looks much more like Entoloma and I'm almost sure under microscope I will see angular spores... Bad photo!
2. Sure Pisolithus arhizus (=P. tinctorius).
3. Most probably as 2 but there is some probability for Scleroderma - I didn't want to cut it to see inside.
4. Beautiful Amanita ananiceps - you not frequently see the the remnants of both the universal and the partial veil so good!
5. Found by my daughter: something from Boletales. Most probably (as I know for this time!) unreported species for Hawaii and chance for nondescript species at all ! The most similar (and only one!) reported here is Pulveroboletus xylophilus - also non mycorrhizal and also xylophilous fungus but it is not suppose to have a "net" on the stem. And it should bruise blue when scratched - I didn't cut it for more info!

DSC_5614_DxO.jpgDSC_5624_DxO.jpgDSC_5632_DxO.jpgDSC_5654_DxO.jpgDSC_5666_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0