Mushrooms And Fungi Of Any Kind

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
View attachment 207711
Another attempt of the same subject but a stack of 13 frames @ f/2.8
I like this one better - in the first one I was missing the main (?) object (if the Coprinus sp. was the main object). If the very attractive "bubbles" are the main object than I may prefer the first one.
This one could be in the range of tolerable* mid :)!
* = point of view/taste (pretty personal)

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
These are from today - I went on that trail because it's my favorite for small endemic birds on Oahu (easy trail at least when dry!). Didn't see any of the target birds in reasonable distance (didn't see Elepaio at all - neither detected a call!). Also, I didn't venture long on the trail - very muddy after the rains and there is a risk to slide on some narrow sections where you can get in a trouble (real one!!!). First are Amanita ananiceps (always present after rains in that area), after that Tremella fuciformis (kind of weathered), Aseroe rubra (also weathered) and for the last one I have no idea...
BTW I forgot to say that I'm writhing really fast to finish before Click did answer:ROFLMAO: ! Not because I'm complaining - it's more like a competition:ROFLMAO:

DSC_4465_DxO.jpgDSC_4487_DxO.jpgDSC_4474_DxO.jpgDSC_4472_DxO.jpgDSC_4508_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
These are from today - I went on that trail because it's my favorite for small endemic birds on Oahu (easy trail at least when dry!). Didn't see any of the target birds in reasonable distance (didn't see Elepaio at all - neither detected a call!). Also, I didn't venture long on the trail - very muddy after the rains and there is a risk to slide on some narrow sections where you can get in a trouble (real one!!!). First are Amanita ananiceps (always present after rains in that area), after that Tremella fuciformis (kind of weathered), Aseroe rubra (also weathered) and for the last one I have no idea...
BTW I forgot to say that I'm writhing really fast to finish before Click did answer:ROFLMAO: ! Not because I'm complaining - it's more like a competition:ROFLMAO:View attachment 207824Nice Stinkhorn! Are you in Australia?

Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
+1

Do you know the name of those?

Nice shots!
Sorry I was offline for a couple of days ...

iNaturalist reckons the blue/purple one is Ramariopsis pulchella (Lilac coral fungus), which is a favourite of mine - I only see it in one particular spot for a short period (if at all) each year. The other coral is probably Ramaria capitata.

I'll post a few more when I get around to cleaning them up a little - I end up in high ISO for most of the shots.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
"Nice Stinkhorn! Are you in Australia?"
I'm in Hawaii - with the introduction of some Australian trees (Eucalyptus, Paperback e.t.c.) we got here also some Australian fungi.
We got much better in Western Europe: the "Phallus Impudicus" mushroom. Quite common in our forests, it smells like rotten eggs. :eek:
PS: according to your pictures, Hawaii seems to be a botanical paradise (and without venomous snakes!).
PPS: keep on dreaming, you'll never beat Click, he answers before you post!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

cooldood

Bird Mainiac
May 16, 2023
BTW I forgot to say that I'm writhing really fast to finish before Click did answer:ROFLMAO: ! Not because I'm complaining - it's more like a competition:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 207821View attachment 207822View attachment 207823View attachment 207824View attachment 207825
Is it just me or is that second mushroom smiling at me?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0