Mushrooms And Fungi Of Any Kind

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Mushroom time.
A cauliflower fungus (sparassis crispa). Bon appetite!

View attachment 210659
"Bon appetite": it is no competition for the Boletus edulis and the few similar Boletus spp., as well for bunch of other wild mushrooms!
And cep/porcino = steinpilz:)! Find more and make a good dish!
BTW when going to Bulgaria I was dreaming for some fungi incl. Amanita caesarea - just to take a photos (beautiful mushroom!)! The only fungus (except of some wood-rotting species that persist on the substrate for long time) I saw only Boletus erythropus (or whatever a name it got after the +/-recent revisions of the Boletaceae). And it was found by my wife who drop it next to the bungalow that we were renting in Rila mts. Next morning it was eaten by a squirrel (I already posted a photo)!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
"Bon appetite": it is no competition for the Boletus edulis and the few similar Boletus spp., as well for bunch of other wild mushrooms!
And cep/porcino = steinpilz:)! Find more and make a good dish!
BTW when going to Bulgaria I was dreaming for some fungi incl. Amanita caesarea - just to take a photos (beautiful mushroom!)! The only fungus (except of some wood-rotting species that persist on the substrate for long time) I saw only Boletus erythropus (or whatever a name it got after the +/-recent revisions of the Boletaceae). And it was found by my wife who drop it next to the bungalow that we were renting in Rila mts. Next morning it was eaten by a squirrel (I already posted a photo)!
Here in southern Germany in some regions you still have to be careful about radioactively contaminated mushrooms from the fallout of the Chernobyl disaster in 1986.
So in those regions it is not recommended to eat wild mushrooms collected there.
I suppose such regions also exist in Bulgaria. Maybe they're not that sensitive about that topic over there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nemorino

EOS R5
Aug 29, 2020
A lot of funghi in the woods. Did a couple of stacks:
R5 + RF35 1.8 macro are a perfect pair for larger funghi.
39 frames @ f/1.8
nippel.jpg
and another friend of mushrooms (25 frames@ f/5.6)
snugandshroom-jpg.210851

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

Nemorino

EOS R5
Aug 29, 2020
(knees aching...)
I wear a pair of trousers with padded knees if I shoot macros on the floor.;)

The advantage to use a macro lens with a 1.4 magnification and autofocus:
175 frames shot with the in body focus bracketing starting at mfd.
R5 + RF 100L on an tripod and macro rail
naheinstellgrenze.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Tremiscus helvelloides ?
EOS R + Macro Elmarit 2,8/60 Handheld, 1/15, f 11, ISO 1600 (knees aching...)View attachment 211088
Seems to be that one but now you should call it Guepinia helvelloides. Never-mind let these changes of the name to the mushroom experts: when they have no other things to do they use to change the fungal names (joking off coarse but in some cases it's pretty much the truth :p).

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Seems to be that one but now you should call it Guepinia helvelloides. Never-mind let these changes of the name to the mushroom experts: when they have no other things to do they use to change the fungal names (joking off coarse but in some cases it's pretty much the truth :p).
Same with orchids. Every 3-4 years, you'd need a new set of identification books :rolleyes:. DNA analysis is the culprit...

Upvote 0