Mushrooms And Fungi Of Any Kind

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
I always like the time of the year when you can smell the scent, the aroma in the forest that they are there ,even if you haven't seen them.
And I like taking pictures of mushrooms and I thought it was about time to give them a dedicated thread, knowing that there are already a lot of posts in forest or macro threads and so on.
But I found that most of my mushroom pictures are not taken with my macro. And that's why started this thread.
I will probably repost some older mushroom pictures here, but only because I think they are worth it.
Please add yours, too.

I think I'll start with this beautiful fly agaric:
Taken@ 100mm, 1/250s, f/11, ISO3200

fly_agaric.JPG

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Looks more like Coprinopsis atramentaria (which is poisonous if consumed with alcohol).
Only poisonous if consumed with another poison? :LOL: Funky.

Cool pictures all around. Makes me want to visit the forest and see if I can spot something myself. It has been raining quite a lot here lately, so I guess that's at least the chances are quite good?

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Here I suppose I have a member of the family polyporaceae and maybe of the genus trametes trying to degrade a stub.
Forgive me if I'm talking nonsense. I'm good at fauna, but flora and especially fungi are not (yet) my world ;)
Taken@ 105mm, 1/125s, f/10, ISO800

mushroom_03.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
He-he.

One of the subjects of my 14-35 testing yesterday:

View attachment 199823

(double-checking that I've removed the original location info, as this chanterelle has moved to my fridge, and not alone)
When I saw that one I couldn't see the stem well enough to be sure but great find .

Upvote 0

canonmike

EOS R6
CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
Here I suppose I have a member of the family polyporaceae and maybe of the genus trametes trying to degrade a stub.
Forgive me if I'm talking nonsense. I'm good at fauna, but flora and especially fungi are not (yet) my world ;)

View attachment 199841
Very nice shots but wish you would post the meta data so we could observe your cam and lens settings. I love mushrooms and documentaries about them. If, by chance you haven't already seen and have access to Netflix docs, you might enjoy the following story. https://www.netflix.com/title/81183477. It is just fascinating to watch and learn about the world of mushrooms on this doc.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Cool mushroom. Very nice shot, jprusa.
d055.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

View attachment 199841
Looks like a Turkey tail to me too.

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
As a new thread, I'd suggest "mushrooms on a pile of manure".
These ones are "coprinus comatus" manuriensis ?:rolleyes:
EOS R + Leica M Elmarit 2,8/90
It is not Coprinus comatus for sure (that one is easy to ID by photo). In the old literature it would be "Coprinus" but now that genus was split into few more. I cant ID this without microscope.

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I'm not taking photos of fungi now but several years ago they were my prime object. Unfortunately I may deleted the NEF files (can't find them right now) and the noise reduction is not of the recent years level. All photos are taken at very closed aperture for maximum detail/info (even in the background) for purpose of ID.

ISS 448 B. NX2. ed._DxO.jpgISS 450 B. NX2.ed._DxO.jpgISS 513_DxO.jpgISS 440 A NX2. Pc. ed._DxO.jpgISS 514_DxO.jpgTremella fuciformis_DxO.jpgCyptotrama asprata_DxO.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0