My New and Improve GIOTTOS Blower-for safety.

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Dear friends.
Yes, One of my best equipment in my Camera Back pack is The One and only Giottos blower, That I never miss , when I go to the dusty place in the world to shoot the photos, and GREECE is on of the Most beautiful / Dusty Place in the world too--Yes, They only have less than 1 week of rain in a years( My Tour guild told me that). Yes, I have this Giottos blower for 10 years and can get in--get out from most airports in this world.
in 2012, I have a great 14 days vacation in Greece, The way back from Greece to New york Airport---And that the first time in my life that get stop by the security staff, when I check in to another terminal, Yes---They just open my back pack, full with 2 Cameras and Lenses, and He pick up The Black Rocket " Big Giottos Blower" and ask me that What is it---I told the security staff that , just the Lens Blower, and I grab from his hand and blow the stream air to my face, and tell him that just for clean the dirty lenses, He grab the Blower from me and point the finger to the fins of the blower, and ask me that , Can it fly like the rocket ?---I just dumb stuck, And He start to walk , and talk to his supervisor for 2-5 minutes, and He just tell me that I must throw this Rocket away, before he let me out of the terminal and go to another terminal for fly back home= North Carolina-----His Supervisor explain to him that , If some one put the Gun powder in side if this Rocket Blower, It can fly like the Missile----Ha, Ha, Ha----my dear $ 10 Us Dollars go to the trash can-----BUT, After I came home, I buy another one, and use Cutter blade cut the 4 wings of the rocket/ Missile off---Please see the Photos----And I never have any problem again after that Flight.
Ha, Ha, Ha---After 911, We have be very careful.
Enjoy
Surapon

Attachments

• G-1.jpg
    G-1.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 27,286
  • G-2.jpg
    G-2.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 27,087

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
Re: My New and Improve GIOTTOS Blower-for sefety

Holy $h!t ... I've never held a grenade or a home made bomb but why the hell on earth does one put gun powder in a rubber blower and make it "fly"? and most importantly where the hell is the passenger going to get gun powder after he has already been scanned and checked? ... maybe the security chap thinks people hide some gun powder up their a$$ just to put it in a rubber blower ... I wonder if it even occurred to the security chap that Surapon's 600mm lens can hold far more gun powder than that tiny rubber blower.
Dear Surapon, my son & I had a great laugh reading your post .... thanks for sharing this funny story and sorry for your loss, of a nice blower ;D

Upvote 0

jhpeterson

CR Pro
Feb 7, 2011

surapon said:
Click said:
Congrats to that TSA agent ::)

;D

Ha, Ha, Ha---No comment from me, Dear my friend Click---Ha, Ha, Ha----Unbelieved story that happens to me.
Surapon
Your story about the air blower that flies is really unbelievable! Then again, considering the source, maybe not!
I guess for certain folks, if brains were gunpowder, they probably couldn't blow their nose!

Upvote 0

dgatwood

300D, 400D, 6D
May 1, 2013

The correct response is, "Probably, and if you stuck gunpowder up a penguin's ***, it will fly like a rocket, too." When the TSA agent correctly replies that the penguin would blow into a million pieces, you then ask, "What do you think this blower is made of?" When he can't answer, you reply, "Penguin intestine." I figure that any TSA agent who could believe a rocket blower might be used as a weapon would also be willing to believe that rubber is made of penguin guts.

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012

dgatwood said:
The correct response is, "Probably, and if you stuck gunpowder up a penguin's ***, it will fly like a rocket, too." When the TSA agent correctly replies that the penguin would blow into a million pieces, you then ask, "What do you think this blower is made of?" When he can't answer, you reply, "Penguin intestine." I figure that any TSA agent who could believe a rocket blower might be used as a weapon would also be willing to believe that rubber is made of penguin guts.
You think an Asian looking dude will be able to argue that much with security staff at an american airport and not end up detained for several hours?

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013

A question begged to be answered: "Why would Giottos manufacture a product that resembles a grenade and has fins like a rocket in a political/security minded atmosphere?"

TSA and security types with machine guns at airports do not argue with travelers about carry on items, they just carry out their jobs in the least time and move on with the next (victim) traveller and his/her luggage.
Best not to talk to them while passing through their stations, just obey and move on. Remember their serial number and report to TSA headquarter if there was a problem.
My wife made eye contact with one such female TSA and my wife was pulled aside for a "pat down". No reason whatsoever.
-r

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012

lion rock said:
My wife made eye contact with one such female TSA and my wife was pulled aside for a "pat down". No reason whatsoever.
-r
Eye balling them is never a smart idea ... I still remember in 2010, in London, when I was taking photos at 10 Downing Street (just like many other tourists), but I happened to look at a security guard, in black suit and a machine gun, who stared back (by nature I hate backing down when people stare at me ... one of the many a55holic things I do in life :-[ ... sometimes I crane my neck and deliberately eye ball people to intimidate them sometimes) so, I eye balled him back for a good few seconds and the guy didn't seem to be very amused and he started walking towards me with a very nasty look, although the powerfully grilled black gate was between us, I didn't want the situation to escalate any further, so I just walked away. I tell you, those guys really don't like being eye balled.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

Rienzphotoz said:
Holy $h!t ... I've never held a grenade or a home made bomb but why the hell on earth does one put gun powder in a rubber blower and make it "fly"? and most importantly where the hell is the passenger going to get gun powder after he has already been scanned and checked? ... maybe the security chap thinks people hide some gun powder up their a$$ just to put it in a rubber blower ... I wonder if it even occurred to the security chap that Surapon's 600mm lens can hold far more gun powder than that tiny rubber blower.
Dear Surapon, my son & I had a great laugh reading your post .... thanks for sharing this funny story and sorry for your loss, of a nice blower ;D

Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear Rienz.
I was born in Northeastern part of Thailand, the Land call "E-Sarn", We are expert to make rocket, The Rocket( As big as 120 Kilos of Gun Powder) with long Tail( Bamboo tail-for control the Flight of the Rocket), This Rocket are for " Asking the good rain from some Gods, for the Rice farmer"------MIGHT BE happends that the Security staffs know the story of Rocket Expertise of People from E-Sarn like me ( Chinese looking guy)---That why I lost my Rocket like/ Blower----Ha, Ha, Ha---Plus , The Chinese People 5000 years ago , Know how to make a rocket to use in the war---Plus Yesterday, They land the Module on the Moon----Ha, Ha, Ha, After 50 Years ( ?) of American Pioneer.
Have a great Sunday.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

Zv said:
Unbelieveable!! That is the funniest airport security story I've heard yet! I kinda want to try it and see if my rocket blower can fly!

This made my day! Thanks for sharing! ;D

Yes, Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear Zv
Ha, Ha, Ha, And You are welcome.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

Swphoto said:
I trimmed the fins off of mine soon after I bought it, just to avoid a similar situation. You aren't the first person I've heard of having an issue with the RB at security..although the idea that it would fly is a new one.

Yes, Dear Sw.
That was 25 Minutes wasting time at the Airport, we almost miss the next flight.
Yes, Still so many GREAT staffs to security at the Airports in America. No, I / We will not laugh at them, They try to do their best job for us.
But, Some time they miss.
Nice to talk to you.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

jhpeterson said:
surapon said:
Click said:
Congrats to that TSA agent ::)

;D

Ha, Ha, Ha---No comment from me, Dear my friend Click---Ha, Ha, Ha----Unbelieved story that happens to me.
Surapon
Your story about the air blower that flies is really unbelievable! Then again, considering the source, maybe not!
I guess for certain folks, if brains were gunpowder, they probably couldn't blow their nose!

Ha, Ha, Ha , Dear jhpeterson---I love your words " for certain folks, if brains were gunpowder, they probably couldn't blow their nose!"---Ha, Ha, Ha.
Thanks.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

dgatwood said:

Ha, Ha, Ha---Ha, Ha, Ha--Dear dgatwood----No comments from me = You are the Best.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

Rienzphotoz said:
dgatwood said:
You think an Asian looking dude will be able to argue that much with security staff at an american airport and not end up detained for several hours?

Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear Rienz.
Sorry, I am disappoint you, Next time on the Flight, I ( Asian Looking guy) will have the Beard and Mustache as the Arab's Look. And that will be very trouble for me, Because , They will not use Toilet in airplane for the whole flight( Yes, They will afraid of my activity in the Toilet), And They will keep eyes on me all the times.

Ha, Ha, Ha
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

lion rock said:
A question begged to be answered: "Why would Giottos manufacture a product that resembles a grenade and has fins like a rocket in a political/security minded atmosphere?"

TSA and security types with machine guns at airports do not argue with travelers about carry on items, they just carry out their jobs in the least time and move on with the next (victim) traveller and his/her luggage.
Best not to talk to them while passing through their stations, just obey and move on. Remember their serial number and report to TSA headquarter if there was a problem.
-r

Dear lion rock
Why " Why would Giottos manufacture a product that resembles a grenade and has fins like a rocket "---I ask one of the PRO , my dear Photography Teacher many years ago, And He Said that " The Giottos company are the smart inventor for the Blower ( Not same as the another company), They design the blower to get the fresh/ cleaned air from the bottom hole, with the Valve---To blow the fresh air in side the Ball, and after finish blow, they suck the fresh air from the back hole----So many Cheaper Blower, just suck the dirty/ Dusty air from the front hole ( only hoe for the Blower), And collected the Dust inside the Ball.
Yes, The Fins's Idea to let us store the blower in the vertical position, to use the smallest space--Plus Let the Bottom hole far away from the dirty/ Dusty Floor.
Well, That was my Teacher teached Me---Right or Wrong , is depend on your imagination
Ha, Ha, Ha---I love your Wife's Story.
Have a great day.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

Rienzphotoz said:
lion rock said:
-r
Eye balling them is never a smart idea ... I still remember in 2010, in London, when I was taking photos at 10 Downing Street (just like many other tourists), but I happened to look at a security guard, in black suit and a machine gun, who stared back (by nature I hate backing down when people stare at me ... one of the many a55holic things I do in life :-[ ... sometimes I crane my neck and deliberately eye ball people to intimidate them sometimes) so, I eye balled him back for a good few seconds and the guy didn't seem to be very amused and he started walking towards me with a very nasty look, although the powerfully grilled black gate was between us, I didn't want the situation to escalate any further, so I just walked away. I tell you, those guys really don't like being eye balled.

Thanks, Dear Rienz.
We are learning from your good story.
Surapon

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012

surapon said:
Rienzphotoz said:
dgatwood said:

Sorry, I am disappoint you, Next time on the Flight, I ( Asian Looking guy) will have the Beard and Mustache as the Arab's Look.
;D ;D ;D Dear Surapon, if you dress up like an Arab guy, I'm pretty sure they will lock you up in some place like Guantanamo bay ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0