My New and Improve GIOTTOS Blower-for safety.

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Re: My New and Improve GIOTTOS Blower-for sefety

HankMD said:
surapon said:
After I came home, I buy another one, and use Cutter blade cut the 4 wings of the rocket/ Missile off---Please see the Photos----And I never have any problem again after that Flight.

Mr. Surapon,

I am sorry about your (now maimed) blower. You really have me concerned as I've been carrying the same weapon on overseas trips lately. Although I've not had any problem whatsoever I am now seriously considering mutilating my beloved GIOTTOS. But I do note that whereas your pristine blower had resembled a ROCKET, it now looks rather like a GRENADE (not that I've ever handled one). I confirmed this with a bit of googling.

So...I suppose this represents a marketing opportunity for GIOTTOS to come up with alternative designs. Perhaps work with Preparation H for a bit of co-branding or something? ;)

Anyway, thanks for raising this issue.

Best,
HankMD, Taiwan

Ha, Ha, Ha Dear HankMD.
Thanks to come to talk with us in this Funny subject---Yes, You are the Doctor that why have a bright IDEAS " So...I suppose this represents a marketing opportunity for GIOTTOS to come up with alternative designs. Perhaps work with Preparation H for a bit of co-branding or something? ;)"----Ha, Ha, Ha----Must have a lot bigger Injector----Ha,Ha, Ha, Plus have another storage tank for Lublicant---No, No, No--For the Lens Cleaning Liquid---Ha, Ha, Ha.

Nice to talk to you,Have a great work week.
Surapon

Upvote 0

jhpeterson

CR Pro
Feb 7, 2011

ERHP said:
Still, you think they would have the brains to ask you to remove the nozzle and look inside, realize it is rubber, and tell you to have a nice day.
Unfortunately, in many lines of work, having brains is detrimental to remaining employed.
Much like the aforementioned blower, management is likely to consider such a person dangerous. ("They think too much, they could embarrass me, perhaps even put me out of a job.")
It's actually pretty standard employment policy at many if not most mid-sized and large companies, and almost a certainty at government agencies, not to hire a person that's too intelligent for the task. The reason is that they are seen as ones who will spend most of their time figuring out ways to do their job better, faster, more efficiently or, heaven forbid, maybe even give improved customer service, instead of doing only what they were asked.
I'd like to think that's the reason I never got called back after job interviews and why I became a photographer! 8)

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

link=topic=18537.msg348282#msg348282 date=1387299249] [quote author=ERHP said:
Still, you think they would have the brains to ask you to remove the nozzle and look inside, realize it is rubber, and tell you to have a nice day.
Unfortunately, in many lines of work, having brains is detrimental to remaining employed.
Much like the aforementioned blower, management is likely to consider such a person dangerous. ("They think too much, they could embarrass me, perhaps even put me out of a job.")
It's actually pretty standard employment policy at many if not most mid-sized and large companies, and almost a certainty at government agencies, not to hire a person that's too intelligent for the task. The reason is that they are seen as ones who will spend most of their time figuring out ways to do their job better, faster, more efficiently or, heaven forbid, maybe even give improved customer service, instead of doing only what they were asked.
I'd like to think that's the reason I never got called back after job interviews and why I became a photographer! 8)
[/quote]

Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear jhpeterson.
I love your words " I'd like to think that's the reason I never got called back after job interviews and why I became a photographer! 8)"---You are the most positive thinking gentleman. Yes, Photographer Job is one of the Best Job in the world, for the person , who can Capture and Create the Great Masterpiece, and do not care who love it or hate it---Just Our Happyness in our Heart , Plus If some one pay for them = More Happy Life.
Surapon

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013

No, No, No , dear ERHP .
Why no , " I just throw both of them(in Ziploc bags) into my checked baggage "-----I design many X-ray/ Scanner Machine in the Courthouses, and Jail/ Detention ---The Good X-ray / Scanner Machine can see the Shape of the Rocket, of GOTTOS in your checked baggage---Yes, that the Good news is, after the security staffs open the baggage to check, they just get upset about the fool that we create, and that make them try to find some thing else in your baggage---The first Bad news that = Your baggage will miss the flight, The Second Bad news, just For My wife at Bangkok airport, when she fly back to USA---They find the Cheap point and shoot camera in her Baggage, and just Throw away in the Trash can ( and some of them come to get it Later time)---Yes, She lost the photos that she took in Thailand----BUT, THE GOOD NEWS THAT, I GET THE NEW HIGH END POINT AND SHOOT CAMERA---ha, Ha, Ha.
Nice to talk to you.
Surapon

We came back from Hokkaido in January, and in our checkin luggage was a couple of cooked plastic vacuum sealed corn (Hokkaido corn is famous), the X-Ray saw the shape, and the custom inspectors had to inspect the luggage for those "sausages". Well, they weren't and they passed us through with our corns in the suitcase.
-r

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

lion rock said:
No, No, No , dear ERHP .
Why no , " I just throw both of them(in Ziploc bags) into my checked baggage "-----I design many X-ray/ Scanner Machine in the Courthouses, and Jail/ Detention ---The Good X-ray / Scanner Machine can see the Shape of the Rocket, of GOTTOS in your checked baggage---Yes, that the Good news is, after the security staffs open the baggage to check, they just get upset about the fool that we create, and that make them try to find some thing else in your baggage---The first Bad news that = Your baggage will miss the flight, The Second Bad news, just For My wife at Bangkok airport, when she fly back to USA---They find the Cheap point and shoot camera in her Baggage, and just Throw away in the Trash can ( and some of them come to get it Later time)---Yes, She lost the photos that she took in Thailand----BUT, THE GOOD NEWS THAT, I GET THE NEW HIGH END POINT AND SHOOT CAMERA---ha, Ha, Ha.
Nice to talk to you.
Surapon

We came back from Hokkaido in January, and in our checkin luggage was a couple of cooked plastic vacuum sealed corn (Hokkaido corn is famous), the X-Ray saw the shape, and the custom inspectors had to inspect the luggage for those "sausages". Well, they weren't and they passed us through with our corns in the suitcase.
-r

Dear my friend lion rock.
You are super lucky, my wife case not so lucky, But we all learn from our mistake, 5 years ago, The new laws/ New Regulation in USA. No one can bring any Meat, Pork, any Chicken products in USA. VIA. Airport ( But The importers/ Foods Company can do---Except our good citizen like us), in the Check baggage, 5 years ago, my wife Bring the "pork sausages The Most Famous in Thailand from Bangkok China town", They scan her Baggage and open the baggage in front of her, and pick up the big box of this pork sausages, and ask her = What is this made from ?, My wife answer = From Pork sir., That Staff just dump that box , which cost about $ 400 US Dollar in the trash can, and tell her that Product of Meat, Pork and Chicken not allow to bring inside of USA., She is a smart lady, do not disagree with him, Se know that so many tons of Famous Pork Sausages of thi brand name , sale in our home town Chinese grocery store, And No way to send from Thailand by Ship, that take 2 months, It must send by the same airplane that she fly----Ha, Ha, Ha. Since then, If she want to bring Pork/ Beef Sausages, She must Lable that, The Blend of SEA FOODS Sausages-------Ha, Ha, Ha.
Nice to talk to you.
Surapon

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013

Dear Surapon,
I think it was and expensive lesson, hope the customs agents didn't blacklist your wife. Any meat, veggies, plants or even soil can't be brought into the US. Even cooked egg yolks, as contained in our (Chinese) mid Autumn moon cakes.
I believe there may be a list of travellers names they keep of offenders, so returning back to the country, these people are scrutinized carefully.
There are a whole list somewhere that forbid importation of stuff. Though, commercial companies can do so.
My evil conspiracy mind thinks there is a partnership for shippers to do business this way.

Dear Surapon, don't aggregate the customs agents or TSA types. Be careful what you bring in. A photo of the sausage is cheaper and garranties entry to the country, 8).
-r

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

lion rock said:
Dear Surapon,
I think it was and expensive lesson, hope the customs agents didn't blacklist your wife. Any meat, veggies, plants or even soil can't be brought into the US. Even cooked egg yolks, as contained in our (Chinese) mid Autumn moon cakes.
I believe there may be a list of travellers names they keep of offenders, so returning back to the country, these people are scrutinized carefully.
There are a whole list somewhere that forbid importation of stuff. Though, commercial companies can do so.
My evil conspiracy mind thinks there is a partnership for shippers to do business this way.

Dear Surapon, don't aggregate the customs agents or TSA types. Be careful what you bring in. A photo of the sausage is cheaper and garranties entry to the country, 8).
-r

Ha, Ha., Ha, Thanks Dear lion rock.
I love your words "Be careful what you bring in. A photo of the sausage is cheaper and garranties entry to the country, "Yes, Yes, Yes.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada

surapon said:
rs said:
It's more than just the good folk here at CR who find your posts interesting:

http://petapixel.com/2013/12/18/photographer-blower-confiscated-tsa-fly-like-missile/#more-127270

Thanks, Dear Rs.
Thanks for give us see this good link. and Might get me in the Black List and will have a hard time to fly in- out from our great country USA. again. Now I must use Cruise Ship only, to go around the world.
Thanks.
Surapon

You are now in elite company....

The guy who tried to light his underwear on fire....
The shoe bomber....
Countless people who smuggled guns and knives onto a plane...

and now... the most dangerous of them all..... the guy who wanted to blow the dust off of a camera lens....

You are on the no-fly list now for sure :)

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

Don Haines said:
surapon said:
rs said:
It's more than just the good folk here at CR who find your posts interesting:

http://petapixel.com/2013/12/18/photographer-blower-confiscated-tsa-fly-like-missile/#more-127270

Thanks, Dear Rs.
Thanks for give us see this good link. and Might get me in the Black List and will have a hard time to fly in- out from our great country USA. again. Now I must use Cruise Ship only, to go around the world.
Thanks.
Surapon

You are now in elite company....

The guy who tried to light his underwear on fire....
The shoe bomber....
Countless people who smuggled guns and knives onto a plane...

and now... the most dangerous of them all..... the guy who wanted to blow the dust off of a camera lens....

You are on the no-fly list now for sure :)

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear Don, Ha, Ha, Ha----That the most Dangerous man on the airplane, who try to use the Lens Cleaner Blower, to clean all the dust on the seat during the plane is landing, and before the new set of Passengers come aboard.----Ha, Ha, Ha. I will be on the black list soon.
Surapon.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

Attachments

• blower-rocket.jpg
    blower-rocket.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 561
Upvote 0

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
To mirror everyone else here, don't anger those who can make your day a whole lot more difficult.

I was once returning from Hilton Head. Those of you who have flown there know it is a relatively small airport with only a few flights each day. I had traveled with a DSLR and some stuff (as we all do) and worked diligently to move dividers around in my backpack to hold what I was bringing on the trip. Actually, I re-arranged the pack several time until I was happy with the layout and had a great trip.

At the airport, the TSA agent did not like something they saw on the screen. The agent then proceeded to literally "tear apart" the bag, not just removing the expensive equipment, but ripping all the dividers out of their carefully Velcro'd positions. I politely offered to help and was met by a glare that only told me to not say another word. I just stood there with a "pleasant" expression on my face, knowing that I could be subjected to a lot more scrutiny at the whim of the agent.

At the end, I was handed the bin with all the equipment and dividers stuffed in, and had to put my whole pack and kit back together, again. No explanation was offered.

Ironically, I have had a much simpler and pleasant experience boarding a flight in Tel Aviv, and I suspect they know a thing or two about security at that airport.

Upvote 0
Seriously how do the airports find these people? Do they put out an ad in the newspaper like this -

"Airport security staff required, must be insensitive, miserable and generally disliked by the public. Must have vendetta against rocket blowers and other photographic equipment. Minimal communication skills needed. Intelligence preferred but not necessary. Previous experience in customer aggravation welcome. Apply within."

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
JPAZ said:
To mirror everyone else here, don't anger those who can make your day a whole lot more difficult.

I was once returning from Hilton Head. Those of you who have flown there know it is a relatively small airport with only a few flights each day. I had traveled with a DSLR and some stuff (as we all do) and worked diligently to move dividers around in my backpack to hold what I was bringing on the trip. Actually, I re-arranged the pack several time until I was happy with the layout and had a great trip.

At the airport, the TSA agent did not like something they saw on the screen. The agent then proceeded to literally "tear apart" the bag, not just removing the expensive equipment, but ripping all the dividers out of their carefully Velcro'd positions. I politely offered to help and was met by a glare that only told me to not say another word. I just stood there with a "pleasant" expression on my face, knowing that I could be subjected to a lot more scrutiny at the whim of the agent.

At the end, I was handed the bin with all the equipment and dividers stuffed in, and had to put my whole pack and kit back together, again. No explanation was offered.

Ironically, I have had a much simpler and pleasant experience boarding a flight in Tel Aviv, and I suspect they know a thing or two about security at that airport.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Thanksss, Dear JPAZ----Thanks for good story, But No comments from Me, Because Too close to my Home town, Ha, Ha, Ha----I am in the Black List Now.
Surapon

Upvote 0