Nikon announced D750

MichaelHodges said:
This is the kind of camera that makes people change systems.

Maybe a little will change but not many.
some D700 and D300 users will feel this is not real replacement to them, 1/4000 top shutter speed and flash sync only 1/200, No AF-on button, body style.
This is more like D620, upgrade from D600/D610 to D750.

Upvote 0
U

ULFULFSEN

tat3406 said:
MichaelHodges said:

some D700 and D300 users will feel this is not real replacement to them, 1/4000 top shutter speed and flash sync only 1/200, No AF-on button, body style.

+no 4k video.

as boring as the 7D MK2.

Upvote 0
IMO, the D750 is perfectly spec'd and priced for an enthusiast/consumer like me.

The 6D/D610 are lacking in features - while still being expensive.
The 5DIII/D810 are "big iron" cameras obviously targeted at pros.

As far as I'm concerned, the D750 hits the sweet spot.

I'll wait for a while for the Canon version and then weight my options.

Upvote 0
tat3406 said:
MichaelHodges said:

+1
This camera will kill the sales of the newly announced D610, which killed the newly announced D600 few months earlier. It's a good competitor to the 6D though, and I hope Canon's 6D Mark II will have a real focusing system, not that desperate 1 cross type point one.

Upvote 0
waelelgendy said:
tat3406 said:
MichaelHodges said:

+1
This camera will kill the sales of the newly announced D610, which killed the newly announced D600 few months earlier. It's a good competitor to the 6D though, and I hope Canon's 6D Mark II will have a real focusing system, not that desperate 1 cross type point one.

True, but let we wait the real world testing on real camera. I think Canon purposely give 6D the simple feature to not compete with their own advance model like 5D3 and 70D.

Upvote 0
x-vision said:
IMO, the D750 is perfectly spec'd and priced for an enthusiast/consumer like me.

This camera looks fantastic. As an amateur, I do like having 1/8000 shutter speed, but that feature alone would not convince me to pay 1000 dollars more for the D800 and 5DIII.
This looks like an amazing travel camera for people who want something in DSLR form(i'm still totally happy with my a7!)

Upvote 0
EchoLocation said:
x-vision said:

This camera looks fantastic. As an amateur, I do like having 1/8000 shutter speed, but that feature alone would not convince me to pay 1000 dollars more for the D800 and 5DIII.
This looks like an amazing travel camera for people who want something in DSLR form(i'm still totally happy with my a7!)
1000$?! :eek: the price difference in Germany between the D750 and the 5DIII is barely 300€! The D750 looks great, but for 300€ I would take a practically equal camera and be able to buy into the Canon lens system! :)

Upvote 0
tat3406 said:
waelelgendy said:
tat3406 said:
MichaelHodges said:

+1

True, but let we wait the real world testing on real camera. I think Canon purposely give 6D the simple feature to not compete with their own advance model like 5D3 and 70D.

Yes, typical Canon... you can get a feature-packed 7DII and (presumably) IQ quality not far off from a 2010 Rebel, and live with it for the next 5 years. Or you can get a 6D with great IQ but with autofocus from a 2010 Rebel. If you want both IQ and features, you need to fork out another $1000-$1500 to move up to the 5DIII.

At least on paper, this seems to be a fantastic all-around camera, at a good price.

Upvote 0
E

EOS AE1

roguewave said:
Yes, typical Canon... you can get a feature-packed 7DII and (presumably) IQ quality not far off from a 2010 Rebel, and live with it for the next 5 years. Or you can get a 6D with great IQ but with autofocus from a 2010 Rebel. If you want both IQ and features, you need to fork out another $1000-$1500 to move up to the 5DIII.

+1

Upvote 0
roguewave said:
tat3406 said:
waelelgendy said:
tat3406 said:
MichaelHodges said:

+1

At least on paper, this seems to be a fantastic all-around camera, at a good price.

+1 from me. The financial analysts at Conon know how to do their work!

Upvote 0
azizjhn said:
But D610, D4s, D810 and now D750 for me it is just a sign of desperation to win some market share against the 5D3 & 6D. Despite what they do it appears to be not working for them.

Offering your customers different products, each aimed at a different type of customer is desperation in your book?

Of course Nikon is trying to get market share from Canon, just as Canon is trying to get market share from Nikon. It is not desperation, but how business is done.

Upvote 0
I switched 2 years ago. Still no qualms about it. This is just a D600 replacement using Nikon's venerable D700 series moniker.

neuroanatomist said:
MichaelHodges said:

LOL.

Well, maybe you're right. Nikon not releasing this camera a couple of years ago probably led to some D700 users switching to Canon. :)

Upvote 0
So finally Nikon has a 5DIII equivalent. Wait wasn't the D810 that camera? So that makes this a 6D equivalent? Nope, well maybe a 7D equivalent. I don't know where it fits!

It seems like a D810 Jr to me, with a couple of extras like WiFi, 0.5FPS faster (woohoo!), and a tilting LCD. At least it's a better price.

I bet it will cannibalize the D810 sales quite badly.

Upvote 0