Nikon owns Canon - in TV commercials

Status
Not open for further replies.
!Xabbu said:
So, I wanted to start one of these as well ;)

I feel like Nikon is way superior in their advertising to Canon - just watch this i am part of the World

I see Nikon commercials at least once a week, but don't see a single Canon commercial. I love the Nikon jingle. Still Canon sells more cameras - seems almost like it's proof that Canon owns Nikon on the quality side... ;)

The part when he runs toward the tornado should be changed to: "I am- Stupid."

Upvote 0
picturesbyme said:
Have no problem with Nikon at all but I can't stand this "I-am" stuff.. reminds me of the level of knock knock jokes...
2 min is too long and dull... and the guy running into the tornado rather says.. "Had enough.. I am going to kill myself...."

Well a friend of mine had a sensor issue with his new D4 (many many hot pixels) ... So redid the Nikon slogan to "I am expensive to repair" ... nuff said ;-)

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2011
The "I AM" thing feels a bit similar to the work of New Zealand artist Colin McCahon. He did a bunch of paintings like that...

ColinMcCahon.jpg

Upvote 0

dr croubie

Too many photos, too little time.
Jun 1, 2011
smithy said:
The "I AM" thing feels a bit similar to the work of New Zealand artist Colin McCahon. He did a bunch of paintings like that...

Don't forget the I AMsterdam tourism campaign (and for the Dutch people here, go read the bit in the book "taal is zegt maar echt mijn ding").

Back to OP, Canon don't need to advertise. They get enough free product placement from having all those red-ringed-big-whites at every sporting event, they don't have to pay for TV time...

Upvote 0
D

dturano

I actually never saw that ad, i was afraid I was going to click to see an aston kutcher commercial that clogs the broadcasts. I think Nikon has attempted to flood the market lately.

I have seen some great canon promo vides on canons site but never seen them used as ads, i.e. they have a few amazing 5dmk3 videos on international sites that area awesome. I dont expect to see high end bodies being advertised to the genreal public, just pointing out how canon does produce some great promo videos.

Canon is smart thought, they have some great entry level commercials that I think are hight quality and blow nikons low budget commercials away. Once thing i like is how during football season canon usually runs some really nice spots promoting all SLRs usually focusing on an entry level but showing some pro results.

The ad was ok, but seemed low budget, what i would expect form the cameras used in the video, an ad advertising entry level cams shot with the same cams it advertises, i have seen vimeo vids with entry level canon p&s gear that blows high end production stuff. This ad was meant to have an amateur feel to it to grab the viewer "hey thats great i can achieve those results...?"

The post created a good debate, I respect the video from an advertising point but am only mildy impressed with the quality.

Upvote 0
nda said:
The person who said lets make our pro lenses white and put a red ring on the end should be given a CANON KNIGHTHOOD, it instantly says that's a Canon Pro Shooter which translates to the average joe as the pros use Canon so i will buy a Canon! brilliant marketing and would have saved Canon millions on advertising!!!
You bet. Nikon tired the same thing by putting the red swoosh thing on their cameras. Silly nikon, don't you know your hand covers that when you shoot?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.