Not sure about the Canon EOS R? You can now rent it from Lensrentals.com

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Last edited:
If you're not sure about the EOS R, you were like me. Rest assured though, you have nothing to worry about. All of your expectatoins will be surpassed. Mine were, anyway. AF speed is A+++. Frames per second (AI servo, continual focus) A++. No joystick= no worries. You could shoot sports with this camera without a worry in the world. I've listed one of my 5DIV's, and the other will also be sold when the next "R" camera comes out. The system is just better than the DSLRs. Period.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Anyone got recommendations for a UK rental house (that is the rental place not whether they have the camera in stock!)
This may just be the first camera I ever rent :unsure:

My coworker in Edinburgh recommended the Wex photo video chain, based on his experiences with the store, but he has never rented anything there. I used their contact form to ask if the R was available for rental when I'm there next week, but they haven't responded yet :confused:

I haven't found a lensrentals style place in the UK or the Netherlands, it's all "Drive to one of your locations and pick it up". I really, really liked the lensrentals.com experience when I used them during a US roadtrip.

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
My coworker in Edinburgh recommended the Wex photo video chain, based on his experiences with the store, but he has never rented anything there. I used their contact form to ask if the R was available for rental when I'm there next week, but they haven't responded yet :confused:

I haven't found a lensrentals style place in the UK or the Netherlands, it's all "Drive to one of your locations and pick it up". I really, really liked the lensrentals.com experience when I used them during a US roadtrip.

thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
FWIW the degree of weather sealing is 'not much'. Put another way, if you get one, don't be making fun of any other brand's weather sealing. :-(

Otherwise, though, it's very nice and the teardown should be written up tomorrow.

Ooh err :eek:

Any other brands? including the Sony baseplate/battery door non existing weather sealing? :cry:

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
FWIW the degree of weather sealing is 'not much'. Put another way, if you get one, don't be making fun of any other brand's weather sealing. :-(

Otherwise, though, it's very nice and the teardown should be written up tomorrow.
Well, I have an M, M3 and a M5. If you added up all of the sealing in those 3 cameras, would it equal the sealing in the R?

Upvote 0
It has good button sealing and around the LCD, but that's it. It's clearly the '6D' level of mirrorless camera and may well be that future models will be different. I continue to reach the same conclusion: I may well get one, mostly because of the lenses and because I think in a few years we'll all be shooting mirrorless. But if I get one it will be with the attitude that this is for enjoyment and experimentation. If I was making my living by shooting a camera I wouldn't make this my primary camera.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0