Post Your Best Landscapes

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
lion rock said:
Very nice.
All we need is either Clint or Marion Morrison to complete the picture ;D!
-r

I recently read a post in which a woman was telling about going home with a friend at college (or something like that) and was really impressed by their house. The friend told her that her uncle (great-uncle?) Marion had given it to them. OK, so I don't remember it perfectly. But what sticks with me is her telling that only later did it dawn on her who "Uncle Marion" was.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
GammyKnee said:
Sporgon said:
My first Building Panoramics pano shot with the 5Ds, Bamburgh Castle at sunset on the North East Coast of England. Four vertical frames to make a 150 mp image - pretty big !

5Ds + Tamron 85 SP VC 1.8 @ f/6.3, 1/125, ISO 200

That's a beauty! How big was the stitched TIFF ????

Thanks Gammy ! Well it was vulgar really, 835 meg as cropped, or 70" across at 240 dpi :p Also I had to shoot this using the 85 a little like a shift lens; shot in portrait the castle was right at the top of the frame to avoid pointing the camera upwards, so I intended to bin the bottom half of the frame. I then had to reshoot the scene again, this time with the camera pointed up to get the amount of sky I wanted for the final framing.

I bought the 5DS for it's colour definition really, given the limitations of the Bayer Array chip, rather than outright resolution, and I didn't work on the full size image. I have to say that when using the camera with a good lens, such as the Tammy 85 SP, and a solid, studio tripod, the results are quite stunning in quality.

Upvote 0