Post your HDR images:

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
girod199 said:
My first attempts at HDR... I processed in Photoshop CS5. It is very difficult to make anything that looks "real" with Photoshop's HDR processing.

L.A. River by M Girod, on Flickr

L.A. River by M Girod, on Flickr

I like them. I usually don't care for the usual HDR look, but these look more like paintings. So this time the not looking real is a feature rather than a bug.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
There are really a lot of interesting and beautiful pictures in this thread, examples of many different looks that people are aiming for. I even like a lot of the surreal looking ones. My relatively few HDR efforts aim more for trying to make the photo look like how I remember the place looking, and trying to give the viewer some sense of what it felt like to be there.

The picture below is one I posted on a thread about dynamic range in the 6D II. I was illustrating how I feel DR limitations really only in situations that are beyond what any camera can do in one shot now. In my travel photos (which I shoot with the G7X Mark II), I'm often wanting stained glass windows to look good, while still showing detail in the church interior. I think I got the interior a little too bright to look natural, but that could be about right by the time I print it out on my Epson R3000 on 13"x19" paper. This is from the chapel of the Order of the Thistle in St. Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh; two shots merged in Adobe Bridge. I also did a more straight-on, but still looking up pair of shots and corrected the verticals in that merger, but I like this one better.
IMG_2601-HDR.jpg

Upvote 0
Jun 11, 2013
beautiful pics in this thread
Here's my attempt at a realistic looking HDR image from a recent trip to the GC.
5DSR, 24-70II @ 42mm, f8, ISO 100. Screenshot of 100% portion to show IQ.

Attachments

• 8F8A4185_HDR_6_HDR_7_HDR_hires_lores_4_post.JPG
    8F8A4185_HDR_6_HDR_7_HDR_hires_lores_4_post.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 276
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 11.07.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 11.07.26 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 267
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0