Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Upvote 0

EdB

Oct 4, 2012
digital paradise said:
I don't know anything about this manufacturer. Where do you see that it reads colour temp? It will give you correct camera settings for both flash and ambient light. So does my Sekonic.

Gossen has been around a long time and makes a quality product.....at least they used too, my Gossen is 30 years old and still works perfectly. The meter in the link does not do color temp.

Upvote 0

EdB

Oct 4, 2012
friedrice1212 said:
A bit off topic here, but I've been having trouble exposing with Velvia 50 film because of the narrow dynamic range. Will a good light meter help me or the metering inside a digital camera like the 5D2 is good enough? Thanks!

A good light meter will help with exposing film well. There are basically two ways to meter, incidence and reflected. Some hand held meters do both, others do only one such as a spot meter. Reflected meters work the same way as an in camera meter and can be fooled.

An incident meter measures the light falling ON the subject and will offer the easiest method of getting exposure right as long as the meter is pointed at the camera and the light hitting it is the same as what is falling on your subject.

I also used to underexpose chrome film by about 1/3 stop, it gives better saturation that way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.