Rural Landscapes

I was scanning a review of a 40mm Voigtlaender lens yesterday. The author commented on how superior it was to the crappy Canon 40mm pancake. It got me thinking about how nice I actually think the pancake is, good and sharp, nice colour rendition. Unfortunately, I almost never use it. It just isn't a focal length I normally reach for. I tend to be either wider or longer. Anyway, I thought I'd dig it out and start shooting a bit with it again. :)

Attachments

• _MG_3123_DxO.jpg
    _MG_3123_DxO.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 195
  • _MG_3124_DxO.jpg
    _MG_3124_DxO.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 196
  • _MG_3125_DxO.jpg
    _MG_3125_DxO.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0
Hi dpc.
Nice series.
I really like no 3123, I have been looking for a shot like this for a while, I found something close to it (whilst on holiday in Cumbria, just about the opposite end of the country) but it was single poles so after a few they were hidden. No long straight runs with visibility locally that I have found, but then our <> shaped island is only 24 miles by 13 miles with hills and forests.

Cheers, Graham.

dpc said:
I was scanning a review of a 40mm Voigtlaender lens yesterday. The author commented on how superior it was to the crappy Canon 40mm pancake. It got me thinking about how nice I actually think the pancake is, good and sharp, nice colour rendition. Unfortunately, I almost never use it. It just isn't a focal length I normally reach for. I tend to be either wider or longer. Anyway, I thought I'd dig it out and start shooting a bit with it again. :)

Upvote 0
Valvebounce said:
Hi dpc.
Nice series.
I really like no 3123, I have been looking for a shot like this for a while, I found something close to it (whilst on holiday in Cumbria, just about the opposite end of the country) but it was single poles so after a few they were hidden. No long straight runs with visibility locally that I have found, but then our <> shaped island is only 24 miles by 13 miles with hills and forests.

Cheers, Graham.

dpc said:

Thanks!

Upvote 0