Samyang/Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC

Re: Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC

TWI by Dustin Abbott said:

I second that. Amazing effect. If you don't mind could you please share your edit work flow and the told you used to get this effect. Thanks. :)

Upvote 0

meywd said:
Great shots Keith, the second picture is amazing, and great sharpness.

Thanks :) I researched this lens for a month before deciding. Sample images were really impressive when I found links to large file images. The corner to corner sharpness wide open was the real selling point. The lack of serious aberrations wide open is really impressive- especially at the price.
One of my favorite shots from Yosemite is this moonlight exposure of El Capitan. 20 seconds, f2.8 at ISO 1600 with a 5D Mark III. The quality is really good. An f4 lens would not have been quite so good.

El Capitan by Moonlight / Yosemite © Keith Breazeal by Keith Breazeal Photography, on Flickr

Upvote 0

Ronak1003 said:
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:

I second that. Amazing effect. If you don't mind could you please share your edit work flow and the told you used to get this effect. Thanks. :)

I might one day ;) But Magic Lantern Dual Iso help a bit.

Night Sky, Photographer Emil Lundstrom by imaginize.net, on Flickr

Upvote 0

Really beautiful shots Emil, i really love this lens, it may appear soft at times, but in fact its really very sharp, the distortion caused by the extreme angle is the only problem

This one is a 11 frames HDR, i am still not good at processing HDR but i think its ok except for the sky i guess

Wadi Numeira by Mahmoud Darwish

Upvote 0