Sea Slug eats another Sea Slug

tolusina said:
Through the entire video, I couldn't help but think that the slug being eaten looked a lot like a salad.
Now, if I could only get my vegan daughter to watch, and understand, scenes like this.

Underwater tripod?

Thanks... Yes I did use an underwater tripod. Xit404 to be exact. With the canon 5d ii, to shoot macro it is really required.

Upvote 0
mackguyver said:
Really interesting and great quality footage. When I read that it was a 30 minute process, it made me think - what if you had to surface half-way through? It must be really tough shooting underwater when you have to worry about how much air you have left!

Actually...I was starting to worry I was going to run out of air. This was At the end of a somewhat boring dive. I was only 15-20 feet deep, and everyone but my wife was already back on the boat. I was kind of gettin impatient for it to finish....

Dustin

Upvote 0
sanj said:
Well done!! Tell us more:
1. Tripod???
2. How did you manage to catch the moment?
3. Where?
4. How?
5. Which?
6. When?

:) :) Want to know it all.... Very impressed.

Thanks for watching and your interest.
I used the xit404 tripod. It was at the end of a dive, and was filming the marionia, by an outcropping of coral. This was in Anilao, Philippines in March 2013, and it was almost dark when I surfaced. I was using a 100mm macro lens with my canon 5d ii. I also used a subsee +10 wet flip on diopter on some of the shots.

Dustin

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Mantadude said:
sanj said:
Well done!! Tell us more:
1. Tripod???
2. How did you manage to catch the moment?
3. Where?
4. How?
5. Which?
6. When?

:) :) Want to know it all.... Very impressed.

Thanks for watching and your interest.
I used the xit404 tripod. It was at the end of a dive, and was filming the marionia, by an outcropping of coral. This was in Anilao, Philippines in March 2013, and it was almost dark when I surfaced. I was using a 100mm macro lens with my canon 5d ii. I also used a subsee +10 wet flip on diopter on some of the shots.

Dustin

Thanks Dustin.

Upvote 0