ScottO

CR Pro
Sep 16, 2014
It is nearly 5PM and Fedex still has not delivered my R5 with kit lens :( Fedex page stills shows delivery date as today by end of the day. I usually get an email the day it is delivered. No email so far either. It has been on it's way since 7/29.

I feel your pain my R5 was supposed to be delivered on Friday and did not arrive until Sunday afternoon created a great deal of stress.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Yesterday I got a call from my Canondealer. He told me that he got one piece of Batterie grip an two ( TWO!!!!) Batteries from Canon. The Batterie grip and one Batterie is for me, the second Batterie is for an other customer who is waiting. I ordered 3 additional batteries, so I have to wait for the other two ones.

During this call I asked him for a second R5 for me and my wife. he told me that he think he need until end of August or middle of september to send out all the cameras which are preordered.

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
I got this email yesterday.

I ordered from B&H on Thu 7/9/2020 8:29 AM Hope this helps someone.

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your email. We began accepting preorders for the Canon R5 on July 9th at 8am. Orders are being filled on a first come first served basis. The challenge for us has been the very small number of cameras that we have received from Canon.

And some hopefully good news… based on the date we received your order, and the current information we have received from Canon USA, we expect to be able to ship your order on or before September 10th, and possibly as early as late August. Please note that this information is based on current estimates provided by Canon and is subject to change.

Thank you again for choosing B&H. We apologize for this delay and any inconvenience this delay has caused you. Please let us know if you have any further questions at [email protected]. This email goes directly to me so please reach out with any questions.

Congratulation on your R5 purchase – we’re confident you will be very happy with your amazing new system.

Rose B.
Customer Service

Last edited:
Upvote 0

scottkinfw

CR Pro
Yesterday I got a call from my Canondealer. He told me that he got one piece of Batterie grip an two ( TWO!!!!) Batteries from Canon. The Batterie grip and one Batterie is for me, the second Batterie is for an other customer who is waiting. I ordered 3 additional batteries, so I have to wait for the other two ones.

During this call I asked him for a second R5 for me and my wife. he told me that he think he need until end of August or middle of september to send out all the cameras which are preordered.
You can use the old LPE6 batteries can't you?

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

CR Pro
I got this from Canon Yesterday- Ordered 07/25 2:01 PM- Hope this helps. Sadly, it won't be in my hands for my trip.
Order Number:
Date: 07/25/2020
Dear Scott Kasden,
We regret to inform you that here has been a change in the Estimated Ship Date for the item(s) that you pre-ordered; your order is now expected to ship on 09/30/2020. We apologize for any inconvenience.
As a reminder,the estimated ship date is not a guarantee of shipment. All pre-order shipment dates are approximate and subject to change without prior notice. Once the order ships, your payment will be processed and you will receive another e-mail with shipment and tracking information.
If you would like to view your order, sign into Canon Account by clicking the link at the top of our website. Select Orders to review your current and previous order details. If you have any questions about your order, please visit the Customer Service section of our website or call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-385-2155
Thank you again for shopping with Canon!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I got this from Canon Yesterday- Ordered 07/25 2:01 PM- Hope this helps. Sadly, it won't be in my hands for my trip.
Order Number:
Dear Scott Kasden,
We regret to inform you that here has been a change in the Estimated Ship Date for the item(s) that you pre-ordered; your order is now expected to ship on 09/30/2020. We apologize for any inconvenience.
As a reminder,the estimated ship date is not a guarantee of shipment. All pre-order shipment dates are approximate and subject to change without prior notice. Once the order ships, your payment will be processed and you will receive another e-mail with shipment and tracking information.
If you would like to view your order, sign into Canon Account by clicking the link at the top of our website. Select Orders to review your current and previous order details. If you have any questions about your order, please visit the Customer Service section of our website or call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-385-2155
OMG, that's terrible.
I should be really happy that I got one.

Yes, I can use the old batteries, but they are already quite old and the performance is not as good as at the beginning. So I decided to buy new ones. I also think that the R5 will require more power than my 7DM2

Upvote 0
Order Number:
Dear Scott Kasden,

is this a second order?

this is encouraging. I should have mine in time for a fall foliage trip.

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

CR Pro
Order Number:
Dear Scott Kasden,
Maybe I can get a CPS loaner? Hopefully, my adapter ring will come so I have EF lenses to use. I don't think it works as well without any lens.

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

CR Pro
is this a second order?

this is encouraging. I should have mine in time for a fall foliage trip.
I'll cross my fingers for you and all my CR buddies that we all get what we want, before we need it, and it is great for all of us!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

scottkinfw

CR Pro
Upvote 0

scottkinfw

CR Pro
OMG, that's terrible.
I should be really happy that I got one.

Yes, I can use the old batteries, but they are already quite old and the performance is not as good as at the beginning. So I decided to buy new ones. I also think that the R5 will require more power than my 7DM2
But at least in the mean time, you can change them out. Just watch the battery indicator and change out often. You new batts will be here shortly enouth! Congrats.

Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
Figured I would share my experience...

Preordered from Amazon on July 11th.
Estimated delivery changed to Aug 11th - Sept 3rd
Cancelled preorder on July 22nd
Preordered from Best Buy on July 22nd (way to good of an offer to pass up... was willing to wait if needed).
Shipping notice on 8/4... but it was late enough in the week that standard ground didn't get it to me till the 10th (would have sported faster but they didn't give the option on checkout).
That last weekend was long for me.

Upvote 0