Nov 1, 2012
Was just reading news in general, the latest typhoon will be close to South-Japan tomorrow. I noticed the news mentioned Canon is preparing to close down a factory when the typhoon hits. Anyone know which (/where) factory makes the R5s? Like 2020 was bad enough, now if typhoon damages the Canon factory and delays R5 production I'm officially pissed off.

Upvote 0

cornieleous

5D4 + R5
Jul 13, 2020
Relax sir. It's a forum, I'm allowed to speculate. I don't appreciate the cheap shots either ("non-intellectual human condition"). Wise guy.
Wise guy? Listen to yourself.

I am relaxed, you seem to be the one who got emotional. You posted unsubstantuated drivel, I called you on it, pretty simple equation. There was no cheap shot. When people act like they know something and present it as a fact, it is non-intellectual; emotional and baseless for those who can't grasp the definition.

I'm allowed to do that on a forum. Next time support your claim.

Upvote 0

Mo Steve

EOS R
Jul 30, 2020
Wise guy? Listen to yourself.

I am relaxed, you seem to be the one who got emotional. You posted unsubstantuated drivel, I called you on it, pretty simple equation. There was no cheap shot. When people act like they know something and present it as a fact, it is non-intellectual; emotional and baseless for those who can't grasp the definition.

I'm allowed to do that on a forum. Next time support your claim.

Like I said it was speculation. Next time I'll preface it with a "CR1" lol. Sorry for the confusion.

Upvote 0

skp

5DIV, 7DII, 60D
CR Pro
Sep 20, 2014
Was just reading news in general, the latest typhoon will be close to South-Japan tomorrow. I noticed the news mentioned Canon is preparing to close down a factory when the typhoon hits. Anyone know which (/where) factory makes the R5s? Like 2020 was bad enough, now if typhoon damages the Canon factory and delays R5 production I'm officially pissed off.
For what its worth, if B&H is telling customers that their next batches will ship Sept 16th and 21st, that means that there are shipments of cameras that are already on cargo ships well clear of Japan by now.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
For what its worth, if B&H is telling customers that their next batches will ship Sept 16th and 21st, that means that there are shipments of cameras that are already on cargo ships well clear of Japan by now.

Yea, there might be several batches of shipments in the pipeline. But if they have to ramp down the factory even for few days, that might create extra gap in the future deliveries, probably with ~3-4 weeks from the event.

This typhoon went bit more west so it didn't hit Kyushu full force (still pretty stong..). By google there's Canon factory on east coast of Kyushu (Oita), so I don't think they got impacted that much. (I don't know if they have multiple factories though..) But next typhoon is already forming up and the current prediction/trajectory is right on Kyushu so next one might be worse if it makes proper landfall. Have lot of acquaintances in Kagoshima too, not looking good for them if the typhoon goes right at them.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Just to share a more international perspective, i ordered my Canon eos r5 last week (after having my 5d3 robbed in the train a year ago i decided to wait and jump into mirrorless).
No expected delivery day given by the shop so far.
FNAC.com stores now give expected delivery from september 23th (yesterday it said september 11th).
I could have ordered just after annoncement and luckily get one from the 1st batch, but seeing the early reviews helped me make my decision.
Guess we just have to be patient.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Got the following from B&H this morning, Sept. 9, 2020. (I'm very happy I have plenty of time to anticipate and prepare, to get my HDD's in perfect order, to create lists of shooting projects until my current and prospective customers feel safe without masks, and to also have bonus time to reconsider spending the money. Life is good!)

"Unfortunately, this shipment is for much fewer cameras than what we expected. Based on this new information, we do not have an ETA for your camera, but we know it will likely not be until late October or early November. "

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Got the following from B&H this morning, Sept. 9, 2020. (I'm very happy I have plenty of time to anticipate and prepare, to get my HDD's in perfect order, to create lists of shooting projects until my current and prospective customers feel safe without masks, and to also have bonus time to reconsider spending the money. Life is good!)

"Unfortunately, this shipment is for much fewer cameras than what we expected. Based on this new information, we do not have an ETA for your camera, but we know it will likely not be until late October or early November. "

My email this morning says: we expect to ship your order before the end of October.

Upvote 0
Ordered the R5 August 23, got the B&H email that I should have it by the end of October pending further changes in shipping schedules from Canon. Still no word when I might get the control ring I have had on back order even longer. Might have to order an RF lens. Oh wait, that's out of stock too.

I ordered directly from Canon on 8/12. Ordered the R5 and the adapter ring. I got the adapter ring but have had no response on the camera. The site still just say Back Ordered. Ugh.

I also ordered the RF 15-35mm on 8/20 and it showed back ordered for a bit but I received it on Tuesday. Now if only I could shoot with it. LOL. Hoping the R5 gets here soon................................................

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Best Buy seems to show R5 in stock. At least on the website, don't know how real that is. Has anyone ordered one recently, did it actually ship? It's showing in stock at the moment, and has been going between in-stock and sold out several times past couple days. Makes me wonder are they really getting shipments that often, or is their inventory management system just creating the changes.

Upvote 0
Best Buy seems to show R5 in stock. At least on the website, don't know how real that is. Has anyone ordered one recently, did it actually ship? It's showing in stock at the moment, and has been going between in-stock and sold out several times past couple days. Makes me wonder are they really getting shipments that often, or is their inventory management system just creating the changes.

I just tried adding it to my cart and got this

"This item is currently unavailable for online purchase. The item was not added to your cart."

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
I just tried adding it to my cart and got this

"This item is currently unavailable for online purchase. The item was not added to your cart."

Yesterday or the day before I had it in my cart for a while, later when I check it had changed status to backorder. Now checked, it was still in cart but when I moved to checkout, it removed it.

Upvote 0