vjlex

EOS R5
Oct 15, 2011
Osaka, Japan
Well I guess that's some progress:

View attachment 192844
Getting closer. I missed the call to verify my R5 order. :cry: They were closed by the time I could return the call. I'll try them again first thing in the morning. Hopefully this means big things are about to start happening. Maybe they'll give you the battery that I had in my order. I cancelled my battery and control ring because I was able to get them locally.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Getting closer. I missed the call to verify my R5 order. :cry: They were closed by the time I could return the call. I'll try them again first thing in the morning. Hopefully this means big things are about to start happening. Maybe they'll give you the battery that I had in my order. I cancelled my battery and control ring because I was able to get them locally.

Well, also my control ring adapter (refurb) from Canon:

1600149445762.png

Upvote 0
Just a quick update of my experience here in France. This morning i visited one of the few stores who got a R5 for demo (preordered one without ever trying an EVF, so i wanted to try the R5 one and i'm 100% satisfied with it).
They told me they should have stocks by the end of september. So only a couple of weeks to wait.

Upvote 0

vjlex

EOS R5
Oct 15, 2011
Osaka, Japan
For anyone still waiting, there's a $200 off promo code for R5 body only from B&H. Just called and got mine applied to my backorder. I don't want to post it here publicly, but you can send me a private message if you're interested. Or go to canonpricewatch(dot)com and sign up for the newsletter.

UPDATE: Deal expired

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone got recommendations on CF Express Cards and Readers?
I just ordered this one.. Compact, solid reviews.. not too expensive.

Upvote 0
I just ordered this one.. Compact, solid reviews.. not too expensive.

I got that one and a CF Express card 2-3 weeks ago in anticipation of eventually getting an R5. I have only been able to test it out by transferring files between it and my computer, but seems to be a good choice. I like that it comes with two different USB cables.

Upvote 0

vjlex

EOS R5
Oct 15, 2011
Osaka, Japan
What do you mean you missed the call? Do they cancel your order if you don't answer?
No, they don't cancel it, they just put it on hold until they can contact you. It seems that B&H will call the buyer to verify the order in cases of large purchases for fraud prevention purposes. I wasn't able to call them back during store hours, so I had to wait till they opened the next day.

Upvote 0
No, they don't cancel it, they just put it on hold until they can contact you. It seems that B&H will call the buyer to verify the order in cases of large purchases for fraud prevention purposes. I wasn't able to call them back during store hours, so I had to wait till they opened the next day.

I spoke to Adorama on Tuesday and they told me next week my R5 was getting shipped out. I ordered August 20th.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0