rbwillnj

CR Pro
Nov 2, 2016
My information is purely anecdotal, however I know quite a few people who received theirs from Canon Direct after canceling from one of the larger distributors. It may be entirely off, just the feeling I get.

Canon USA had a few in Stock yesterday and I was tempted to cancel my B&H order, but as I am in New Jersey, I save $258 in sales tax by using the B&H PayBoo card. I guess I can wait a little longer.

Upvote 0
I ordered my R5 + RF 24-105 F/4 on September 9th from a large internet reseller here in the Netherlands. I contacted them last week; no updates from Canon since a long time and no news on when Canon will deliver to them. Still around 50 people before me on the list of the reseller... :( Also here in the Netherlands, the R6 can be delivered next day from stock.
Good to hear that many of you already have their R5 in house already (y)

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I ordered my R5 + RF 24-105 F/4 on September 9th from a large internet reseller here in the Netherlands. I contacted them last week; no updates from Canon since a long time and no news on when Canon will deliver to them. Still around 50 people before me on the list of the reseller... :( Also here in the Netherlands, the R6 can be delivered next day from stock.
Good to hear that many of you already have their R5 in house already (y)

Keep an eye on Canon Direct, they get stock from time to time, that's how I got my R5 at the end of last month. There were still 20 or so people in front of me on the preorder list at the regular camera store.

Upvote 0
For those that have received their R5's, what CF Express card do you use? I purchased a ProGrade gold 256gb, but after about 25-30 seconds of 8k (raw) or 4k120, I receive a "recording stopped due to slow write speed" error.

I'm trying to figure out if I bought the wrong card for this, or if there is something wrong with the card I got. Not that I record 8k for any reason, other than to test & to check it out.

Upvote 0

rightslot

Canon R5 ++
Aug 22, 2018
Adorama says that new R5 stock is on the way to their warehouses and will be available in a few days. fyi

OK dfairbairn, THANKS! Hopefully I will finally have my R5 tomorrow morn ing. With the help of this forum, found a smaller dealer in Austin, TX. Called to verify, ordered & paid! Can't Wait! ---I've had a 24-70 lens for 4 weeks with no body :-(

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
For those that have received their R5's, what CF Express card do you use? I purchased a ProGrade gold 256gb, but after about 25-30 seconds of 8k (raw) or 4k120, I receive a "recording stopped due to slow write speed" error.

I'm trying to figure out if I bought the wrong card for this, or if there is something wrong with the card I got. Not that I record 8k for any reason, other than to test & to check it out.

Canon says you need the Prograde Cobalt for 8k RAW. I use a Sony Tough 128G, which is also on that list of working cards.

Upvote 0

rightslot

Canon R5 ++
Aug 22, 2018
Placed an order Thursday 10/29 with Canon Direct for an R5 and an extra Battery, took a chance since both were showing "In Stock".
Received my order conformation email showing both in stock, I will have the battery Tuesday, but the R5 is showing back-ordered...figured it was too good to be true. :)
You need to check in with Texas Media. In Austin Texas. And they do shipping. Look a little further back in the thread. I ordered and received my R5 delivery in one day.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
Random question for those who have received the R5. I received mine today and it sounds like something inside is rattling or not quite screwed in right. Does anyone else have this or is this a common thing? I’ve never heard this with a canon body so is a bit strange. It seems to function correctly.
thanks!
IBIS?

Upvote 0