rbwillnj

CR Pro
Nov 2, 2016
Got mine yesterday. Yes, it rattles, I'm sure it's the IBIS.
One revelation I didn't see in any of the reviews is that the R5 no longer has built in GPS. I'm guessing it was left out because it can be a real battery drain and the R5 is already more challenged when it comes to battery life due to the EVF. I already have the GP-E2 which I used on my 70D and 80D, but it was nice to have the built in GPS on the 5DMk4.

With the R5 you can also get GPS data from a phone with a Bluetooth link.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Got a call earlier from manager of camera shop that they had one R5 in stock and would I like to come and pick it up.
Was on my way before the call had ended.
Just setting up now

You aren't seriously impatient unless they can hear the car ignition start before the phone handset hits the floor.

Of course that's dating myself back to the days of wall phones.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Rocksthaman

Eos R , R6 , R5
Jul 9, 2020

As mentioned earlier. These guys have them ready to ship. Give them a call. Called Monday, out for delivery today.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
My local brick and mortar (Mike's Camera of Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA) has an R5 in stock.

They sounded willing to ship (even overseas, but I'm not 100 percent sure on that!) though they will charge. So here's their phone number: 719 597 1575. (Obviously if outside of the USA and Canada you'll have to dial additional stuff to get to them.) If you're actually in driving range they're on North Academy, west side of the street, a bit north of the Target at Union, 5420 North Academy, Colorado Springs CO 80918

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Ordered R5 from B&H on September 7th. Got an order update email last week stating they "expect to ship my order by the first week of December".

You can order from Mike's in Colorado Springs, assuming they haven't sold it since yesterday, and probably have it in your hands in less than a week. See the info in my comment directly above yours. You'll probably have to call them, but usually a human answers the phone.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Is there someone in middle-east European region, who waits for R5 body longer than me?
Ordered in September 8th via small regional authorized dealer in Pilsen (CZ) with RF24-70/2,8 and adapter.......lens with adapter delivered 2 weeks later, but body? Still no delivery, still NOBODY knows, if or when ANY R5 body will come to CZ market....:(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0