Show your Bird Portraits

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I have used only EFCS on the R5 until today as 20 fps in ES are too many for me. But, to see if I got better battery life with ES I tried it today. It's positively eerie being silent, and I soon racked up enough shots to join the 1000+ per charge. I got shot after shot in perfect focus and so discarded most of those 1000+ per charge. Anyway, I kept a few back to make some animated gifs of a Blackedheaded Gull in flight and here of a Eurasian Robin singing.

Robin.gif309A0105-DxO_robin_small.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
I have used only EFCS on the R5 until today as 20 fps in ES are too many for me. But, to see if I got better battery life with ES I tried it today. It's positively eerie being silent, and I soon racked up enough shots to join the 1000+ per charge. I got shot after shot in perfect focus and so discarded most of those 1000+ per charge. Anyway, I kept a few back to make some animated gifs of a Blackedheaded Gull in flight and here of a Eurasian Robin singing.

View attachment 196328View attachment 196329
That Eurasian Robin is a beautiful bird. It's nice to be able to see birds from around the world since I've been hunkered down.

The good news is that I'm soon to have my 2nd Covid vaccine, and my wife just got the chance to have her first.
Oh, soon, maybe we can get back to traveling!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
Love the light on the middle image and the perspective of the third. I'm far from expert, but isn't that middle picture a house finch?
Thanks, HenryL. You're right. I just assumed they were the young from the Cardinals since they seem to show up at the same time at my feeder.
I've corrected my post (thanks!)

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
And for the first time at "my" lake: a cormorant. There were four of them.
I know there is a colony at the local zoo some km to the north but I haven't seen them at this lake since I moved here.
Twas pretty far away, so heavy cropping was needed and the image is not that great.

Cormorant_1.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0
And for the first time at "my" lake: a cormorant. There were four of them.
I know there is a colony at the local zoo some km to the north but I haven't seen them at this lake since I moved here.
Twas pretty far away, so heavy cropping was needed and the image is not that great.

View attachment 196369
old gray haired fellow

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0