Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
One of the local Horned Lark's fluffing the feathers. You can vaguely make out a second one in the background.
i-9pnJDx6-4K.jpg

R5 600 II/1.4x 1/2000 : f/9 : ISO 1000
This one was one of my goals back in 2019 in Europe. But in the country where I was you must climb high in the mountains to see them. I didn't get that chance.

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
In the morning it was rainy and I refuse to hike. Instead went to a beach park afternoon when the rain diminished.
I know very few people like the Common Mina (intruders, pests, rats with a wings...) but it's hard to ignore that they are smart and highly adaptable (deserving some respect for this - just like the humans:p). Look at this attitude!
And one more thing: these are the only photos that I got today (at least I was trying!!!) :LOL:

DSC_2403_DxO-1.jpgDSC_2406_DxO.jpgDSC_2411_DxO.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
A few years ago, when I was about to set out our garden somebody told me that plumleaf crab apples were good for bees as well as for birds.
I could see very well how good they are for bees as they yield so much fruit that each autum I had to cut some down or the branches would break.

BUT this year... this year was the first time I could see birds that came to take the fruits.
And the encounter with this blackbird was really funny:
It came to take some fruits. I went out to take a picture. Of course it fled.
I sat down in a corner in the cold (-5°C) and waited.
It came back 5 min later sitting in a tree far away - looking at me.
Some 5 min on it flew to a closer tree. Then to my fence. And after another long, long look at that funny, freezing guy with that stupid long white thing (EF100-400L II + 1.4x conv.) it decided to pose for thses pics - and made me happy :LOL:

Backbird_1.JPGBackbird_2.JPGBackbird_3.JPG

Backbird_3.JPG

Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I agree click too ,second is more intresting ,there is birds food and bird :)
Just showed first so peoples can see how rf800 and rp doing with tiny birds near on minimum focus distance.
I like the first as the Coal Tit is much more rare than the Blue Tit.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
After a false start with the front-yard birdhouse (which resulted in the occupants abandoning ship)...we're better set up and I suspect the same pair have returned.

It was raining earlier today and it looked as is the male did the scouting and the female did the deciding.

A practical use of the .gif format here:

210325 house sparrows.gif

...a few pebbles in the bottom of the birdhouse and shortening the length of its connection to the treebranch seems to (somewhat) limit its movement.

One Pfizer COVID shot in the arm...one to follow next month. New birds by then?!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0