Kentucky, USA
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
View attachment 199275
Here's a Kea I shot at Paradise Valley Springs wildlife park in Rotorua , New Zealand which is another great place to visit. https://www.paradisev.co.nz/
Keas are the only alpine parrot in the world living in the high country of our South Island
View attachment 199275
Here's a Kea I shot at Paradise Valley Springs wildlife park in Rotorua , New Zealand which is another great place to visit. https://www.paradisev.co.nz/
Keas are the only alpine parrot in the world living in the high country of our South Island
Wow! What a beautiful bird.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
A female Black Headed Grosbeak going after some bugs on the out of frame flowers. My composition was off but I really liked the pose she was showing me :) Shot Canon R5 w/ RF 100-500 + 2xTC @ 1000mm, 1/2500th, f/14, ISO 4000 using DxO PureRaw w/ DNG & DeepPrime settings.

That's a very nice shot. Well done, macrunning.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Double-crested Cormorant....and a dragonfly
original.gif

Cormorant Dragon .jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
View attachment 199298
This is a Toreapango (Variable Oyster Catcher) with a mudcrab on the mudflats at Orewa Estuary (Auckland New Zealand) in a recent storm.
I've been told that this particular bird is at least 28 years old which is pretty good for a wild bird.
Nice super low angle shot with great OOF blur, Chig! Was that a light snow coming down?

Upvote 0

Billybob

800mm f/11 because a cellphone isn't long enough!
May 22, 2016
Here is a series of a juvenile male ruby-throated hummingbird. Most of the shots are perched, with a couple of shots with wings expanded. Shot with the 100-500L. The developing iridescent gorget on his throat is visible in the first shot.Ruby Throat--8.jpg Their metallic green backs are extremely striking. However, the delicate, subtle color and patterns on the front are truly sublime.

Ruby Throat--6.jpgI have many HB-in-flight shots, but it's rare for me to capture them perched. Here he's enjoying being able to sip nectar without flapping his wings. Notice that the red gorget is almost invisible here.

Ruby Throat--11.jpgWings spread wide

Ruby Throat--13.jpgAlso extremely beautiful are the very delicate black wing feathers. It's hard to appreciate their full beauty when the bird is in flight as it is here with the HB perched.

Ruby Throat--16.jpg"I own this place!" I love these birds even though they find me to be extremely annoying.

Ruby Throat-2.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0