Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I was shooting something different far behind when this Red-vented Bulbul appeared right in front of me (merely 4.5 meters!). Couldn't resist mostly because of the background. The original shots are not framed like these - I had to cut the frame in order to get them in the proper size for CR.

DSC_0706_DxO.jpgDSC_0712_DxO.jpgDSC_0718_DxO.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
I was shooting something different far behind when this Red-vented Bulbul appeared right in front of me (merely 4.5 meters!). Couldn't resist mostly because of the background. The original shots are not framed like these - I had to cut the frame in order to get them in the proper size for CR.

I really like your shot. Especially the first one.

Upvote 0

Cog

Dec 6, 2013
Qatar
The Meadow is much more boldly/distinctly streaked on the back. And why not a Tree Pipit - the lower mandible looks more pinkish than yellow (but that one is also more distinctly streaked on the back and the color may vary on the photos because of the light/white balance).
Funny - I have seen the Water Pipit only at high elevations (South-East Europe, ~2300 meters above the see level but it can go lower or higher than this) and it's non-migrating species there - except in the altitudes in the winter!)
It could be Richard's pipit just as well.

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
It could be Richard's pipit just as well.
Nope! Even my suggestion for Tree Pipit was wrong by the same reason: your Pipit has dark legs! The only Pipit similar to the Water Pipit and with dark legs (I mean in Europe and your region) is the Rock Pipit - in Scandinavia:ROFLMAO:!!!
And the rock Pipit is not known to migrate to your region in the winter - it goes to very west Europe and very North-west Africa.
Stop resisting - your first suggestion is right: Water Pipit:)! Concerning the question mark that you put there: I can't forget what my dad told me once (many-many years ago): "Even a broken clock would be right - twice in twenty four hours" (no punt intended!!!!). But you were questioning you own ID of the bird and I like/respect that!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I think there are some numbers more to the right. But that is also the right edge of the pic. So I can't tell you the full address :whistle:
I see some letters to the left corner of the photo ;) so, the full address should be: Maximilian street (?) #81! If you are in doubt just ask the bird - it will know better!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0