jeremymeyer.photography
Jack Douglas said:
Sweet owl pics

Jack

Click said:
jmeyer said:
Eastern Screech Owl (grey morph)

Taken with 7D MKII, EF500 F4 and 1.4XIII

Nice pictures. I especially like the first one.

Thank you!

The first one kind of shows you the capabilities of what shadow lifting is available with the 7D MKII. I was worried when I first put it on my PC that I ruined it in field with my settings. In the end, I think it worked out quite nice.

Upvote 0

TheJock

Oct 10, 2013
Dubai
I was in Kruger National Park last week and the wildlife is incredible, other than the big 5 I tallied up 123 species of bird, everything that moved was a new species, so I spent a lot of time chatting with the brilliant guide from Outlook Safaris, he kept me right on the birds and even made a point of stopping for “standard” species as he knew how interested I was. Highlight was the bush brai (bbq) out in the park under the careful watch of a lonely gunman, a pack of 6 Hyenas walk right past us while we ate, it was incredible!!!
I hope you like this small selection of images, and here's a link to the album on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/126853167@N07/albums/72157670839088044

Attachments

• 995A3924.jpg
    995A3924.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
  • LN1A7776.jpg
    LN1A7776.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 98
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Stewart K said:
I was in Kruger National Park last week and the wildlife is incredible, other than the big 5 I tallied up 123 species of bird, everything that moved was a new species, so I spent a lot of time chatting with the brilliant guide from Outlook Safaris, he kept me right on the birds and even made a point of stopping for “standard” species as he knew how interested I was. Highlight was the bush brai (bbq) out in the park under the careful watch of a lonely gunman, a pack of 6 Hyenas walk right past us while we ate, it was incredible!!!
I hope you like this small selection of images, and here's a link to the album on Flickr

Very nice pictures on your Flickr 8) Well done, Stewart.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
jmeyer said:
Jack Douglas said:
She's back or maybe it's her child?? I was worried for a while not seeing them this summer.

Jack

Great picture Jack, looks like a first year bird to me.

Thanks click, and jmeyer I was thinking that too. Don't know what happened to my regulars from last year. They (the pair) were really tame, once walked carefully to within 8' as he eyed me! I never tire of having them visit.

Jack

Upvote 0
I was going through an old drive today and found this - I took it 9 years ago with a 40D and the original 500/4 and 2x tele! Scoters rarely show up on the Missouri River in northern MT during the winter, and this one came fairly close to the shore. Shot from the car while still in shock from finding it. :)

Attachments

• surfscoter.jpg
    surfscoter.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
RBC5 said:
I was going through an old drive today and found this - I took it 9 years ago with a 40D and the original 500/4 and 2x tele! Scoters rarely show up on the Missouri River in northern MT during the winter, and this one came fairly close to the shore. Shot from the car while still in shock from finding it. :)

Nice shot. Well done, RBC5. :)

Upvote 0