CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
jprusa said:
Jack Douglas said:
Thanks Alan. Here's another view of the male Pine grosbeak. 400 DO II X1.4

They never clean their beaks!

Jack
Very nice Jack! Hope you can get a pic of the female.

Thanks.

I think I posted the female a while back but here is one that's handy (maybe already posted?).

Jack

Attachments

• Pine grosbeak_s_25047.JPG
    Pine grosbeak_s_25047.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Thanks click.

Click (or anyone) since you're handy, as a beginner I want to purchase the sheet of ND filter to be cut for the back of the 11-24, probably this:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/549036-REG/Kodak_8645541_3_x_3_Neutral.html

and am wondering what density to get (I assume a couple can be stacked??). I need to know so I can piggy back the order with a return of a defective MIOPS trigger.

Jack

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
jprusa said:
Jack Douglas said:
Thanks Alan. Here's another view of the male Pine grosbeak. 400 DO II X1.4

They never clean their beaks!

Jack
Very nice Jack! Hope you can get a pic of the female.
[/quote

Thanks.

I think I posted the female a while back but here is one that's handy (maybe already posted?).

Jack
Great shot Jack! Thanks for posting.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
KeithBreazeal said:
Thanks Jack and Click. It took a couple of hours to get the shot. I wound up using a tripod, manual focus and a remote trigger since these guys got spooked easily. About 50 feet away was their tolerance level.

How high was the nest in the tree, where was the camera relative to you? Since my 1DX2 doesn't have wifi I'm looking at buying a Camranger but am wondering about its range.

Jack

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
KeithBreazeal said:
Thanks Jack and Click. It took a couple of hours to get the shot. I wound up using a tripod, manual focus and a remote trigger since these guys got spooked easily. About 50 feet away was their tolerance level.

How high was the nest in the tree, where was the camera relative to you? Since my 1DX2 doesn't have wifi I'm looking at buying a Camranger but am wondering about its range.

Jack
Jack , I have used my Camranger in the backyard around the feeder at about 150' range. I do have some lag and drop outs but that may be due to all the WiFI in the area or setup.

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
KeithBreazeal said:

Jack

Their nest was in an old cedar fence post in our garden. I hid in the tree line about 50 feet away and in full camo. I used a wired remote and sat in a camp chair behind a tree. I had a wireless remote many years ago and was not happy with the delay. I retreated to old school methods. I had been watching this nesting pair ever since they started hollowing out the post. It took them about half an hour to accept the tripod and camera position- slow progress.

Upvote 0