Show your Bird Portraits

jmeyer

http://www.jeremymeyer.photography
CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
jeremymeyer.photography
Great shots Jeremy, just thinking how many shots I have missed by not having my camera with me on my way home from work. :)
Thank you. That is why I've been carrying my camera, strapped into my front seat for the past 2 years! I'm not missing anymore cool or rare birds, haha!!!

Jeremy

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I was cornered in home by rain and some winds 25-50 km/h. Took some photos in the morning from the lanai and later afternoon from street level. My friend - the Pacific Golden Plover is still around, still very friendly if I'm without a tripod + camera or kneeling (closing by itself nearly an yard/meter from me!!!) and still getting scared if I kneel behind my combo!
Any way I love that bird - it was very malnourished when it came, now it's in very good shape!!! Can't wait a month or two to see what it is - male or female (and it doesn't actually matter - I just want a photo before it goes North to breed!).
And still no way to attache "full size" image - despite the guys before me did?!

Attachments

• DSC_1686_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1686_DxO.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_1688_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1688_DxO.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_1711_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1711_DxO.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_1744_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1744_DxO.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_1766_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1766_DxO.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_1771_DxO.jpg
    DSC_1771_DxO.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I was cornered in home by rain and some winds 25-50 km/h. Took some photos in the morning from the lanai and later afternoon from street level. My friend - the Pacific Golden Plover is still around, still very friendly if I'm without a tripod + camera or kneeling (closing by itself nearly an yard/meter from me!!!) and still getting scared if I kneel behind my combo!
Any way I love that bird - it was very malnourished when it came, now it's in very good shape!!! Can't wait a month or two to see what it is - male or female (and it doesn't actually matter - I just want a photo before it goes North to breed!).
And still no way to attache "full size" image - despite the guys before me did?!
The images can be made full size one at a time or after uploading all, the whole batch. Play around with click inside the thumbnail until it asks you what to do, or at the end go to the dialogue line under the thumbnails and click on that.

Upvote 0

jmeyer

CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
jeremymeyer.photography
I’ve been thinking of doing that. What is your battery switching strategy?
I'm not really sure I understand the question. I have a battery grip and usually get a few weeks out of the 2. I have 6 batteries, that I rotate using as they die. When it's really cold, I put them in my jobsite hot box, so they don't die. Hopefully that's what you were looking for.

Jeremy

Upvote 0
A female Northern Harrier not wanting to miss a feather.
SDR13919A-4K.jpg

R5 600II w/1.4x 1/1600 : f/10 : ISO 800

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Upvote 0

becceric

Making clumsy photographic mistakes since 1980
CR Pro
Oct 30, 2016
I'm not really sure I understand the question. I have a battery grip and usually get a few weeks out of the 2. I have 6 batteries, that I rotate using as they die. When it's really cold, I put them in my jobsite hot box, so they don't die. Hopefully that's what you were looking for.

Jeremy
Yep. That’s what I was looking for. I’ve been debating about keeping the camera in the car, but during the winter, my OCD might kick in with repeated power level checking. I feel I already have enough compulsions as it is.

Upvote 0

jmeyer

CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
jeremymeyer.photography
Yep. That’s what I was looking for. I’ve been debating about keeping the camera in the car, but during the winter, my OCD might kick in with repeated power level checking. I feel I already have enough compulsions as it is.
I bring it in every night after work and take it back out to my truck in the morning. I'm a pipe fitter, so I don't have the luxury of going into an office every day. If I had an inside job, then I would just take it into work with me. I try to keep the batteries warm if possible, but sometimes I can't. I notice the batteries really take a hit under 20 degrees F, but I've never had a problem. I used to miss too many birds not bringing it, so that's why I made the decision to always have it!

Jeremy

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Today also raining to almost nothing and again in the same circle, same winds like yesterday but at the beach they were not that strong. I was very disappointed till getting home and checking what I have: the Rudy Turnstone is not interesting - common migratory bird here. But what it got is really strange to me. I have a neighbor who is a professor in marine biology and hopefully he may know. I follow the bird for few more minutes - to check if it will survive that strange snack :LOL: and went home: I was wet and most importantly my equipment was too!

DSC_1795_DxO.jpgDSC_1798_DxO.jpgDSC_1848_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 users
Upvote 0