Show your Bird Portraits

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
This was the first time I've seen ducks propelling themselves across the water surface. They moved quite fast. There were a number of them and they appeared to be trying to catch up with mom. I assume they couldn't fly yet, but I'm not sure. As usual, I wasn't ready for the action. These were the only two shots that weren't unusable, notwithstanding the distracting log in the background.
Nice capture. Closest thing to a water bound "bird in flight" I've seen ;)

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I'm sorry, I should have written "I read" instead of "I've learned". It was not a personal experience.
English is not my first language, I'm sorry for the mistake.
English is not my first language either - don't apologize: I didn't even notice your "mistake" (actually what you are talking about:unsure:?). All I was talking about was the distance to the bird and I was really curious how it behaved when you where there (especially with these chicks present!) - just to learn something new...
Concerning the English - if the guys here with English as a first language start putting red flags on my posts - it would be very colorful :LOL:!

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Is this a Sanderling? I am really more and more happy that I got the 100-500. For the 1st image, I did darken the background, a bit in post. 1/3200 f/7.1 ISO 800View attachment 200679

View attachment 200680
If the second photo is of the same bird - Sanderling for both: no hind toe! Otherwise it could be very complicated (at least for me...).

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I've been kingfisher-deprived since the beginning of covid. But, yesterday I found a kingfisher had moved to a pond where I regularly stroll by. Rather far away, but the 100-500mm at 1000mm gets some reasonable images. Stacking and blending in PhotoShop squeezes out a little more detail as they are at pixel-level resolution. (These are crops at 1px = 1px original (100%)).

Kingfisher_on_branch_back_S&B-sm.jpgKingfisher_on_branch1_front-lsS&B-sm.jpg

Reactions: 20 users
Upvote 0