Some Pictures with the 1D X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2010
So, got my 1d X in the mail today. And first off, is it worth it over the 5d3? My respons is; LOL!

Second, is it REALLY so that the ONLY button I can assign ISO to, except the one that has ISO written on it is the SET-button?

The reason why I ask is because, man, they placed the ISO-button way to far out on the right, it should have been the EC-button instead! And it's also to small. Why did they do it that way. I almost have to loose the whole grip to adjust ISO... The only bummer so far, the 1d X is frikkin' fantastic! Maaan I missed the 1-series much more than I could remember!

Upvote 0
Viggo said:
So, got my 1d X in the mail today. And first off, is it worth it over the 5d3? My respons is; LOL!

Second, is it REALLY so that the ONLY button I can assign ISO to, except the one that has ISO written on it is the SET-button?

The reason why I ask is because, man, they placed the ISO-button way to far out on the right, it should have been the EC-button instead! And it's also to small. Why did they do it that way. I almost have to loose the whole grip to adjust ISO... The only bummer so far, the 1d X is frikkin' fantastic! Maaan I missed the 1-series much more than I could remember!

I think it depends on what your shooting. The option of AF point linked spot metering is good enough for me. Also for action, if you want the shutter to not go below anything 1/500 or faster is great. For sports I use this feature. I've used it on the 1D Mark IV. You turn on ISO Safety Shift, then set your minimum shutter speed to 1/500. This way you can turn on auto ISO and STILL shoot with EC. It is an awesome feature. The camera is sort of a mesh between the 5D Mark III and 1D Mark IV. You can also do Multi Expsoure and 12fps just by holding down the shutter button in AI Servo Mode. Not to mention the ultra-detail in shots that the 1D Mark IV can't do. I also checked out the multi-point spot metering feature if you don't like Multi Exposure or HDR. It's a bit different but you can average metering areas into one photo.

There are features that if you need them, probably does make the camera worth a lot more than the 5D Mark III. I'm not sure double the price, but certainly more than the 1D Mark IV. If you purchased the 1D X, my advice is that you begin to expand your photography and begin to use all of these features. Then it will certainly be worth it. I'd say minus the resolution, it can do everything the 5D Mark III plus. It can also do everything the 1D Mark IV can do, plus.

Where can you try these features? Anywhere. A good example is landscape photography on a cloudy day. Even better, sports or action. Put yourself in situations where you need the advanced features and learn to use them and only then can you really realize what a powerful tool it is. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
bdunbar79 said:
Viggo said:

I think it depends on what your shooting. The option of AF point linked spot metering is good enough for me. Also for action, if you want the shutter to not go below anything 1/500 or faster is great. For sports I use this feature. I've used it on the 1D Mark IV. You turn on ISO Safety Shift, then set your minimum shutter speed to 1/500. This way you can turn on auto ISO and STILL shoot with EC. It is an awesome feature. The camera is sort of a mesh between the 5D Mark III and 1D Mark IV. You can also do Multi Expsoure and 12fps just by holding down the shutter button in AI Servo Mode. Not to mention the ultra-detail in shots that the 1D Mark IV can't do. I also checked out the multi-point spot metering feature if you don't like Multi Exposure or HDR. It's a bit different but you can average metering areas into one photo.

There are features that if you need them, probably does make the camera worth a lot more than the 5D Mark III. I'm not sure double the price, but certainly more than the 1D Mark IV. If you purchased the 1D X, my advice is that you begin to expand your photography and begin to use all of these features. Then it will certainly be worth it. I'd say minus the resolution, it can do everything the 5D Mark III plus. It can also do everything the 1D Mark IV can do, plus.

Where can you try these features? Anywhere. A good example is landscape photography on a cloudy day. Even better, sports or action. Put yourself in situations where you need the advanced features and learn to use them and only then can you really realize what a powerful tool it is. Good luck.

Well, to me it's CERTAINLY worth it. I used to use pretty much all the features and adjust everything always with my previous 1d's, and this is no exception!! Best Canon ever made, and it's not even close, period.

I think this will be the last camera I buy, until it simply falls apart, which by the feel of it, will take a few weeks ;D

And I'm glad I saved both a couple of batteries and the power supply from the 1d3 and 1d4.

If only Reikan will support AFMA soon, I will be very happy!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.