The Canon EOS R3 will cost €6099, still waiting on USD pricing

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon EOS R3 will cost €6099 according to the latest leaks. This pricing looks to be in line with what I was expecting. This should put the USD pricing somewhere between $5000 – $5500 give or take going by the usual conversion rate.
The Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM will cost €749, with the USD pricing being $649. The Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 STM will launch at €349 with USD pricing at $299.
More to come…

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 29, 2012
I seem to recall you have an R5, correct? Just curious about the main reasons you would add an R3 to your Arsenal? For me, the R5 has been awesome, but I shoot landscspes and just do some backyard birding. I can’t wait to hear how that BSI sensor performs though!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
What currency site are they using, jesus!!

Today $5500 is 4,648.6215 Euros as per https://www.xe.com/

or if we take your rumoured price of €6099, thats 7,215.7485 US Dollars.

I t would literally be cheaper for every european photographer to fly to NY and buy it there and stick in luggage.
Isn't this usually the case? That it would be cheaper for someone in Europe to fly to NYC, buy the camera, and fly back? Of course, you would have to pay VAT on entry if I recall the rules. It always seems to be a matter of contention on these forums whenever a new camera is released. I don't think this was an actual currency conversion, but rather a conversion based on price differences with current products. It's always cheaper in the US

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012

I t would literally be cheaper for every european photographer to fly to NY and buy it there and stick in luggage.
You have missed off the ~20% VAT in Europe. The US prices are before tax (if any). But, Canon Europe does rip us off.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia

yeah but that takes time. Convenience> time for most people.

Upvote 0
I seem to recall you have an R5, correct? Just curious about the main reasons you would add an R3 to your Arsenal? For me, the R5 has been awesome, but I shoot landscspes and just do some backyard birding. I can’t wait to hear how that BSI sensor performs though!
I am not him, but I have an R5 and a 1DX3. I suspect unless the features are lacking the R3 may be my video rig. Raw footage, large pro form factor and a flip out screen. Overheating issues will probably be less than with the R5. The stills capability will also be superb when I want to go out with one camera.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I believe Neuro has said he has an R.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Don't forget USA sales tax. I googled it, and New York City is said to have a (state + local) sales tax of 8.875%.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
You have missed off the ~20% VAT in Europe. The US prices are before tax (if any). But, Canon Europe does rip us off.
Yes and no. We have a 2 year warranty, while the US warranty is 1 year. Flying to the US and buying it here would not entitle your to the European warranty.
Here in DK, the VAT is 25% just to add insult to injury. But we do have universal healthcare, which is nice. Just don't go the the dentist. The doctors have managed to convince everyone that if we go to them payment should be covered by the universal healthcare, but if we don't go to an MD, heaven forbid, but someone else (including a dentist) damn you all the way and you need to pay out of your own pocket. (grumble).
€6100 is around +36% on the €4500 for the R5, so here in Denmark that would turn the 36.400DKK into an estimated 49.500DKK (slightly rounded up).
Ouch, but still in line with my guesstimate.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0