The Canon Rumors Discord channel has been relaunched

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I have decided to re-launch the Canon Rumors Discord server due to popular demand. There will be some changes with how I moderate the server.
There will be no political talk. I think most rational people know that this type of discussion leads nowhere positive in the current environment. I have been guilty of it a few times on Twitter, but I realized my mistake in doing so. There are countless other places for people to discuss those topics.
I will build the server slowly once I see the flow of conversation and grant certain requests.
You can join the Canon Rumors discord server here.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
How does Discord work? What does it do exactly? I know I might sound stupid considering I am on the younger side and do not know how Discord works, but I would appreciate any insight. My daughter uses it extensively for gaming and friends, so maybe I will ask her.
If you used any kind of remote video conference tool like zoom or Webex for work in the recent past, you'll already be familiar with the concept.

Didcord is just a tool where you can talk to others, or just use written chat if you prefer. It is more focused around gaming instead of work though. And it is free.

It also isn't based around schedules or anything, you just go into a room whenever you feel like it and can interact with the other folks in the same room.

For online gaming, you would typically be in a room with the people your playing with and use the voice chat, so that nobody gets distracted from the game by typing or reading.

As hinted in the OP, the Discord rooms can be moderated, so the specifics of what is going on on a given server differs.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

frjmacias

EOS R5 and EOS M50
May 14, 2020
Monterey, California
If you used any kind of remote video conference tool like zoom or Webex for work in the recent past, you'll already be familiar with the concept.

Didcord is just a tool where you can talk to others, or just use written chat if you prefer. It is more focused around gaming instead of work though. And it is free.

It also isn't based around schedules or anything, you just go into a room whenever you feel like it and can interact with the other folks in the same room.

For online gaming, you would typically be in a room with the people your playing with and use the voice chat, so that nobody gets distracted from the game by typing or reading.

As hinted in the OP, the Discord rooms can be moderated, so the specifics of what is going on on a given server differs.
Thank you for the information. I appreciate it. I constantly use video conferencing for work, so it should not be very difficult to get the hang of.

Upvote 0

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
but politics is the most interesting topic to talk about!

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Thank you for the information. I appreciate it. I constantly use video conferencing for work, so it should not be very difficult to get the hang of.
There's no voice or video on the server, just text chat. Some people really like it for instant responses to questions and to just generally chat quicker than on a forum.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0