The Mirrorless Data is Clear: Canon is #1

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
99.9%? Not even Canon gets remotely near that claim.

View attachment 214908
Tokyo was not, and still is not, in the USA. :)

Worldwide I'd believe the number more varied. Sony seems to have a bigger hold in the EU just based on my limited travels. But at USA events I do tend to see a massive majority of Canon.

Brian

Upvote 0

roby17269

R5, H5X + IQ1-80, DJI Mini & Mavic 3 Pro, GoPro 10
Feb 26, 2014
New York
rdmfashionphoto.com
I live in the USA (near NY) and I see all sorts of cameras.
Granted, I do not go to sport events so I cannot comment on those happenings.
I sure see a lot of Canons, but also quite a few Sonys and Nikons and, occasionally, other brands (seen an Olympus couple of days ago :geek: )

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Can I please a try a camera which is 99.9% Canon and 0.1% Sony? That sounds interesting to me!
Canon G12, G3X, G7X G5X. OK I jest, using a Sony sensor is hardly 0.1%, but what I found interesting at the time is that Canon’s implementation of the Sony BSI sensor was more efficient that all the other makes that used the same sensor in their products, including Sony.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I see a good mix of systems used by other wildlife photographers. The Z9 is well represented as is the Z8, and Sony Gear is well represented amongst a lot of Eagle photographers on LI.

OM systems doesn't seem to well represented. Though with the release of a 150-600mm lens might see some more folks going that route.
I see a surprising number of Z8/Z9 with the 800/6.3 lens but very few Sonys locally in the UK - I recall only one 200-600 and have never seen one of their big whites. The Zuiko 150-600mm has had a very poor review (it's a rebranded Sigma with a huge mark up). The Nikon 600/6.3 looks to me a better bet than the 800 - it seems to be sharper in several tests and is very light as well as being much smaller than the 800/6.3. Canon is by far the most popular with birders here. Haven't come across in person another 200-800 yet but friends have them on order.

Upvote 0
Could we as owners of #1 cams get a 50/1.8 lens of at least Nikon Z IQ level?
As if a "perfect" 50/1.8 matters so much that it becomes a criticism for RF.

No, a Z6III which is going to be announced in the next weeks. Don't laugh because it probably will Trump the R6II...
It will be disappointing if Z6iii can't triumph R6ii. Zf is a sign that Z6iii can't really beat R6ii on paper but msrp instead.

Seriously, they haven't given us anything we've been asking for and this feels like an insult more than anything.

Oh look, idiots buy our R100 and we're amazing! yay!
You are a bit delusional right. RF28 pancake, 200-800, R8 from last year was decent offering. R6ii was a rapid upgrade.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I'm interested to see how many pros wind up shifting over time to Nikon for supertelephoto work. The price difference between Nikon vs Canon lenses (and the telecoverterization of the new Canon models) may or may not have a positive impact for Nikon. The high megapixel flagship also could help among certain audiences.

This wouldn't have any significant effect on unit sales, of course.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
"The Mirrorless Data is Clear: Canon is #1"
We're talking interchangeable lens cameras, right? I would have thought Apple or Samsung are #1.
So just what are Canon #1 in? Bodies sold? Lenses sold? Value of interchangeable lens gear?
I guess reading is too much trouble. Or maybe you need glasses to make out the fine print. :geek:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0