The Mirrorless Data is Clear: Canon is #1

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
MELVILLE, NY, February 8, 2024 –Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions is proud to announce they have solidified the #1 mirrorless camera brand position for a third year in a row in 20231 and was the #1 mirrorless camera brand in the U.S. in 20232. Since the introduction of the EOS R system, Canon

See full article...

marketing fluff? where are the numbers?
The media release has the following asterisks at the bottom…. Anyone hit access to Circana data?

† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.

1 Source: Circana, Retail Tracking Service, U.S. unit sales, 12 months ending December 2021, 2022, and 2023

2 Source: Circana, Retail Tracking Service, U.S. unit sales, 12 months ending December 2023

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
“The needs of our customers have always been at the forefront of our business at Canon and it’s why we have worked so hard to maintain a number one position within the industry,” said Brian Mahar, senior vice president and general manager, Imaging Technologies & Communications Group.
Dear me, I thought it was maximising their profits. Silly me, wrong again.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
“The needs of our customers to buy our products and drive our top and bottom lines have always been at the forefront of our business at Canon and it’s why we have worked so hard to maintain a number one position within the industry,” said Brian Mahar, senior vice president and general manager, Imaging Technologies & Communications Group.
You just have to read in the subtext.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
We can see with our own eyes. Canon badges dominate in the USA. The landscape hasn't changed one bit since mirrorless came on the scene. By a wide margin. Not simply on the street. Even if one peers at the television, it's dominated by Canon lenses by a wide margin. One can count Sony cameras one single hand. If ya spot one at all. Course you can find internet blogsters sporting whatever. But in reality, in real life, Canon is still the big dog on the block.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2022
“The needs of our customers have always been at the forefront of our business at Canon and it’s why we have worked so hard to maintain a number one position within the industry,” said Brian Mahar, senior vice president and general manager, Imaging Technologies & Communications Group.
Seriously, they haven't given us anything we've been asking for and this feels like an insult more than anything.

Oh look, idiots buy our R100 and we're amazing! yay!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Seriously, they haven't given us anything we've been asking for and this feels like an insult more than anything.
Oh look, idiots buy our R100 and we're amazing! yay!
Speaking of idiots, you need to come to grips with the fact that Canon doesn't care about you or what you are asking for. They just don't. Get over it.

The fact that they're the market leader says they are giving the majority of camera buyers what they want.

Also, and this is a key point...you speak only for yourself. Not for "us" and what "we've been asking for". Canon has delivered plenty of things I've wanted (and I've bought them)...does that mean I can say they're giving us exactly what we want? No.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0