The sensor in the upcoming Canon EOS R3 is designed and manufactured by Canon

MoonMadness

EOS M50
May 24, 2021
Canon made it public about 2 or 3 so years ago that they were going to be investing a ton more money on R&D for sensors and even, if I recall correctly, open a new facility just for that purpose. I forgot all the details of the article I read about it, but it was enough to leave a lasting impression that Canon wouldn't ever be replying on other companies to produce high end sensor for their own cameras.

EOS 4 Life

EOS R
Sep 20, 2020
Interesting solution! Similar to the hack with copper heatsink that someone on youtube did but with Koalari's warranty.
What is doesn't mention is how to reduce the temperature on the back panel
People seem to focus on that copper heatsink hack but it did not even gain as much record time as the Kolari one and made the case very hot as I think will still happen with this one.
That other hack did not get it to record indefinitely until the guy put a fan into a battery grip.
I would buy that hack in a second and that one would not void a warranty unless it was the cause of the problem.

Aug 7, 2018
I hope that we will also see a third party battery grip that really aligns to the R5 or the R6. It should look like it is a part of the camera.

EOS 4 Life

EOS R
Sep 20, 2020
I hope that we will also see a third party battery grip that really aligns to the R5 or the R6. It should look like it is a part of the camera.
Some guy hacked together a battery grip with a built-in fan to cool down the camera.
That is what I really want.

MoonMadness

EOS M50
May 24, 2021
"Canon will officially announce the Canon EOS R3 on June 29, 2021. This date is based on living in the western hemisphere." - top article today on CR's landing page.

Reactions: EOS 4 Life